Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Move Over Beethoven

The other day my father in law (Enrique) accidentally dialed David's cell phone while trying to call his brother. I picked up and we started chatting after the initial confusion wore off.

He has always thought that his little Emileelee (that's what he calls her) needs a piano. He found a great keyboard at Target. The keys light up, so you can follow a song. He wanted me to see if our Target had it and get it for her and he'd send the money. Shipping on something like this would be too expensive.

We have yet to make it to Target to check it out. However yesterday at the bread making party, Ben discovered the piano. He had never played one before. Us Moms were in the kitchen and heard someone playing. We assumed it was one of the older girls as it sounded a lot like Chopsticks. Then, we realized it was Ben. He was having a great time.



I'm going to look for that keyboard soon. Little does Grampie know that, Benjino may play it more than Emileelee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enrique has been bugging me everyday to see if you called back with the info yet. You are right he really thinks it is Emily who would like to play , but won't he get a surprise to see it is really Ben, not to mention that he is the one with an upcoming birthday. Good job , Ben!
love,
G.

Linda said...

Cute!

Learning Piano is such a huge time commitment. Sarah took lessons from around 3rd grade to 5th grade and it was always a chore getting her to practice. She still knows how to play (read music) from Band and playing keyboard in Jazz Band, but it isn't something that she's wanted to keep up (at least - not the Piano part).

I, on the other hand, had a knack for it from an early age, but have never had lessons. Instead, I play often by ear, though I read music as well.

We have a nice professional keyboard and sometimes we play around on that, though I personally love the Piano best.