We all go to the produce section at the grocery store. We pick up produce examining it for the slightest blemish and only select the perfect ones. We put the produce in our cart and don't give it a second thought. I think everybody should try to grow just one thing and see how difficult it can be. We'd all be a lot more grateful to the farmers who bring us beautiful produce.
After starting our first garden this year, we were thrilled when vegetables started growing. It's all so very earthy and organic. The kids love the grape tomotoes. I pull 15-20 off the bush, and they are gone before I've even gotten them inside. I'm not going to complain, but we've only managed to get a small bowl actually in the fridge. Tonight we decided to pull up the carrots. We knew once they started growing that we planted them way too close to each other. We didn't think they would all actually grow, but they did. Lesson learned. Some carrots ended up looking absolutely perfect. Others were so close that they actually fused together. After pulling them up, it took about an hour to clean them all. I find it hard to believe that we can go to the store and get 20 uniformly shaped, perfectly clean carrots for 99 cents. Although we probably have a 6 month supply of carrots, I think we will either not plant them next year or plant them with adequate space.
As I was cleaning the carrots, I came across so many that were interesting shapes. I took some pictures. Please enjoy my carrot art.
CARROTS IN LOVE
JELLYFISH CARROT
IF SPERM WERE A CARROT
WHERE'S MY OTHER LEG?
2 comments:
Hey Gina, I think the carrots look great. Who else could find art in carrots? Even though it may have taken some time to clean them all , it looks like you did a fine job and the carrots will taste so much better than those mature store bought ones. Enjoy.
Love,
Grammie
Gina, you are hysterical, for a minute all I could think of was your penis comment from the other day! Save them, you could win something at the county fair. (-:
Post a Comment