Saturday, September 13, 2008
He Started It
As the kids get older, they are fighting a little more. They've always had their moments when Emily would take one of Ben's toys. But, Emily was louder and bigger and she'd do what she wanted and Ben would just cry. Ben doesn't cry as much anymore and they will often get into fights over toys. They don't throw off the gloves and start going at it, but they do verbally argue over things. David intervened yesterday and Emily said, "But, he started it." She had never said that before and in a flash David became his mother and replied, "Yeah, and I'm ending it." I laughed as I knew he had waited 37 years to say that. He had to say it again today and he's completely enjoying using this one liner. At what point did we become our parents? I guess when we became parents. David and I agreed that things that don't make sense when we're young, make a whole lot of sense as we grow older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wait, it will only get better. I can hardly wait to read the words. "That's right, don't anybody help, just stand there.... hand me that bag" David loves that quote and I am sure he'll be more than happy to pull that one out as a one liner.
Emily and Ben are only in the preliminaries for now. wait till they get right into the down and drag out fighting stage... :)
Love,
Grammie
I love this one..it reminds me of my own grandkids who as we speak are pulling out all the stops, trying to drive their parents crazy, just like they did to us when we were trying to raise them..Each time I speak to Amanda I know she is giving hard times to her parents as did her father before her and I know it is with some sense of Deja vu that Marc looks at her and says exactly what his Papa said to him many long years ago , and then kringes at the thought that he really is like is father!!! that ought to bring smiles to David I think...Love ya ...Auntie Barb
Post a Comment