Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fans of Oz

Pam was wondering what to get Emily for her birthday. She had recently told me how much our friend Amy's boys love the Wizard of Oz. I thought that if they weren't scared then Emily would be fine too as they are around the same age. Pam got her The Wizard of Oz and a pair of ruby red slippers. Target sells them for little girls and they are adorable. Well, Emily and Ben are both hooked. We've seen the move over 5 times in the past week. Both kids are reciting lines from the film. Neither one is afraid of the witch. Emily also loves "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". This was one of her favorites before the movie and she was a little surprised when she heard Dorothy sing it. Emily also wore her ruby red slippers to school on Friday. I'm glad the kids are enjoying a classic. My favorite line is when Dorothy says, "The next time I go looking for my heart's desire, I won't look any further than my own backyard; if it's not there, then I never really lost it to begin with."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! So glad they're enjoying the movie. I'll have to watch it with them in a few weeks when I come visit.

Linda said...

You had no way of knowing since I hadn't shared my next column yet - but the newspaper column that's coming out on Wednesday is about the Wizard of Oz. I'll send it along to you in an email. :-)