The year I met David I had over 20 first dates. I would discard people as my future soul mate sometimes in a matter of minutes and I'm sure they did the same with me. I knew what I was looking for in a man and I found it with David. I knew right away that he was it for me. He is kind, gentle and thoughtful. He makes me coffee in the morning and has a cup waiting for me when he wakes me up everyday. He walks in the door after work, greets all of us with hugs and kisses, and puts on an apron to help out with cooking. After dinner, he gets up and helps with the dishes. If he sees the floors need vacuumed (his pet peeve) he'll just do it, even though it's technically my job. He doesn't see the household stuff as my job. He'll help out when he notices things need done. I don't have to ask or nag. He never makes me feel like I didn't do anything all day, even though some days the kids and I give the TIVO a workout. He knows what I do is hard and he will often say that he could never do it. He's a good man. His Mama raised him right (thanks Gwynne).
Ben is taking after his Dad already. I'm noticing little things daily and I'm not teaching him this stuff either. He has started opening the door for me. When Emily learned to open doors, she'd open it, run through it, and it would slam shut in my face. Ben literally stands there holding it open for me. If I have things to unload from the van, he'll wait patiently in the laundry room holding the door and then he'll shut it behind me and lock it. Today, he even tried to open the van door for me. I had to help him a little and he said, "There you go Mommy" and he hopped in the back seat. Where is this little gentleman coming from? Ben has such a sweet spirit. I just hope he continues to take after his Dad. One day, he'll make some woman as happy as he makes me.
4 comments:
Oh I love this story. Not only is Benjuamin a great kid but he takes after his daddy. I now know for sure I did something right in my lifetime. One of the famous lines that come out of my mouth for most any situation is 'if it could only make a difference in one person's life',then it is all worth it'. I know David makes a difference in a lot of people's lives on a daily basis and I am sure Ben will as well.It's your job as his Mom to make sure he does.
I'm also looking at the fact that you posted this at 2:15am (in the morning)... Was it another sleepless night? Hey that is only supposed to happen when you get to be my age.I find that sleepless nights tend to magnify all the good and bad in this world, so maybe David is just average after all and Benjamin is still at the age where you are really going to have to shape him into that kinda guy you want him to be. Maybe on the other hand you bring out all that's good in the men in your life. :)
Love,
G.
Does David give lessons?
Ben is a sweetie. You know what they say - the apple doesn't fall from the tree. He has two loving parents and it shows.
Hi Friend! I miss you! Love the pics of all the fun at the fair! What a great family day! I am looking forward to those here as the weather cools down!
Ben is a sweet boy! It is such a blessing to have a mother son relationship! It is a special bond. Andrew is such a sweet boy also. In fact last night I looked at pics of the kids when they were little. I found one of Andrew and Ben when they were just a couple months old when they were in a swing and bouncer next to each other! Then I saw some of the kids as they were a little older! So cute!
I miss you! I think I will be blogging a bit more now. ;)
Love,
Linds
Post a Comment