And when I'm doing dishes, he'll get into something else.
It would be very frustrating if he wasn't so cute.
**************
Ben watched one of the Spiderman movies the other night with Toby McGuire. We had shown him some of the action parts before, but he wasn't interested in anything else. Now he will watch the entire movie, and he did just that three times yesterday. I know the movies are PG-13, but it's really just for violence and his animated cartoons are just as violent (if not more) as this movie.
I picked him up from school today and we had a conversation that went like this:
Me: You're the best Ben.
Ben: Not everyone thinks I'm cool.
Me: Who doesn't think you're cool?
Ben: That guy at school.
Me: Which guy at school.
Ben: The one on the glider.
Me: (Did he say glider?) You mean the one on the slide?
Ben: No, the one on the glider...outside the window.
Me: There was a guy on a glider outside the window at preschool?
Ben: Yes and he said he was going to hurt me.
Me: What did this guy look like?
Ben: He was green.
Me: (I'm still confused) He's green and he's on a glider?
Ben: (very frustrated that I'm not following along) Yes and he throws pumpkin bombs.
Me: Are you talking about the Green Goblin?
Ben: Yes
Me: You know he is not real, right? That what you watch on TV is pretend?
Ben: No.
And I now understand that the PG13 rating has nothing to do with violence and everything to do with not being old enough to differentiate fact from fiction.
I guess I don't need to wonder what he daydreams about while he is supposed to be learning about the letter B.
And today we will be watching Sesame Street.
*****************
David has never been much of a guys guy. He doesn't drink beer and I had to explain what first and 10 meant during the Super Bowl. He can tell you what channel Food Network is on, but he's never turned on ESPN. Now, he likes the occasional Diamondback game and he gets into playoffs for baseball and hockey, but that's about it.
Out of no where, he sets up the DVR to record some car show, Top Gear, on the BBC. What? What? What? He's watching it every night and laughing while I play scrabble on the laptop. We used to watch Dancing With The Stars together. Who is this guy and what has he done with my husband?
I'm going to overlook the car show, but if he brings home a case of Bud Light that isn't for making chili or marinating brats, I'm going to have to find out what happened to my husband.
4 comments:
This is so funny. :D All of it ~ immensely enjoyed reading it.
Cute! And yes, we need to move. The good news is our bond and override passed. Yea! However, it's not going to do much good if the state keeps cutting education. I guess we keep fighting. . .
What is left to be said. Those two "little men" in your life are indeed something else. I am so waiting to see Noah up and running around, really getting into mischief and as for Ben , I wonder what he dreams about at night. ☺
And the news about the big man in your life is a little weird to say the least, but then we both know that when David gets into something, he gives it his whole attention. Let's hope he has sometime left for Mommy and kids.
I'll be having the other part of my family here this weekend. Hope we have fun.☼
Love,
G
The football comment made me laugh! I can see you doing the moves in the living room, "first and ten, do it again!"
Post a Comment