Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lucky # 10,282

One of my favorite blogs to read is by Ree, The Pioneer Woman. I wrote about her blog here a few months ago. I also have her listed on my blog roll list.

Her cooking section is to die for. She also has a lot of giveaways. I always enter because I figure, someones got to win a new knife or gift certificate. It might as well be me. She recently had a giveaway for a new Green Kitchenaid Mixer. Out of 15,436 entries, I won (by random drawing)! I can hardly believe it. You can read about my exciting win here .

Now, we have a mixer. It's nice, but it's official color is called "imperial grey". I'm sorry, I don't think there is anything imperial about grey. But, it was what we found on Craigslist, so we took it. My kitchen is orange. I love color. If you have any doubt, you can read my blog from a few days ago about the color of our baby's nursery, apple orchard green.

Everytime I saw one of those awesome Kitchenaid mixers in some fun color, I'd feel a tinge of jealousy. But now, everyone else can be green with envy because I'm keeping my new shiny green mixer and poor imperial grey will end up on Craiglist for a second time. Hey, it's not my fault he's boring.

You can read my post on my boring mixer here . I even complained about the color back then.

Out with the old and in with the new:


I really am a lucky girl. And I'm sensing a theme with my blog lately...green and lucky. I am Irish after all, well a little.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!I am left wondering after checking your links what it was that made her choose your entry. Or, was it a random draw of all those who sent in a response?
I guess we can now say "You are a prize winning blogger" :)
Love,
G.

Gina said...

It's random. But, still lucky!

Anonymous said...

I love your new mixer and I can tell you that it is not a cheap one..We used to sell those for alot of money back in the day when I was in the appliance business..Lucky you, maybe buy a lottery ticket or 2 once in a while..Auntie Barb

Sarah said...

No way! Those are some amazing odds.

Linda said...

Congratulations!! I'm so glad YOU won, because honestly I had been wondering how anyone could ever win on that site - there are so MANY comments in the draw. I've tried several times in the past and I'm a pretty lucky person as well. I did win a draw on another blog recently, but nothing like the beautiful mixer. Pioneer Woman gives away some very EXPENSIVE items.

Way to go! :-)