My best friend, Pam, came up yesterday to visit. She spent the night. We have a fun day planned of going to Target to register for a few baby items (some mommy group friends are having a brunch for me, so nice) and to lunch at Wildflower Bread Company. But, I'm beginning to think it may never happen.
Pam got in the shower over an hour ago and is still getting ready. At this point, we will need to go to dinner before we do anything.
I vaguely remember a time when it took me an hour to get ready. Well, I don't think it ever took quite that long, maybe 45 minutes. I recall road trips and vacations that Pam and I would take. She'd get in the shower first and start getting ready. Then, I'd get in the shower and I'd still be sitting on the bed waiting for her mapping out our day.
After 2 kids, my skills have greatly been refined. I'm usually ready in about 20 minutes. Showered, make up on, dressed and ready to go. Now, I don't wash my hair everyday like I used to and maybe my legs aren't always as silky smooth as they once were, but it's my life now and I've happily adjusted.
I wonder what Pam would do if she had a baby? I'm laughing thinking about her wearing a baseball cap every other day.
Oh my, she just said she's ready. Gotta go...
So, how long does it take you to get ready on a regular day?
5 comments:
We-l-l right now I guess you are in your prime. Up until about 10 years ago I could be up, showered, dressed and out the door in about 20-25 minutes. Now, however, it takes me an hour to get up showered, dressed and fed. I know I have slowed down considerably just in the past 5 years. But still I am at work at 7 a.m. , so I think I am still doing OK.
The necessity of Rush is what speeds us up I think.
P.S. Ben really , really misses his mommy when she goes out and leaves him at home or at least that's what he told me with a quiver in his little voice. :)
Love,
G.
I think this runs in Pam's family. :) I can say that because Katie and I were roomies for over 2 years. I'm probably somewhere in between you two...on average it takes me about 40 minutes.
I've gotten better! Living with a boy will do that!
--Katie
30 minutes if I don't have to do my hair.
I would love to see pictures of you and Pam these days. I am so happy you're still so close. Please tell her to start a blog.
Well... obviously I'm the Mom of one and it's still always taken me an hour most days, even when Sarah was a baby. I've just always piddled when getting ready and Sarah does the same. It's not just a teen thing for her, she's been like this since she started getting ready on her own around ages 4 and 5 and it was probably the same for me, as I've been like this my whole life. I CAN hurry and do it in a half hour if needed, but I normally allow an hour at least, and sometimes it goes even longer (just ask Jim), lol. And then throughout the day, Sarah and I both are back in our bathrooms primping, etc., Just the way it is in our house. Even my Mom at age 79 is still like this as well. :D
Post a Comment