Now, pumpkin plants in the beginning look a lot like zucchini, which looks like yellow squash, which looks like watermelon and cantaloupe. You get the idea. So, we aren't really sure what is growing, but we are thinking we might be able to open our very own pumpkin patch this year.
I took the kids to a pumpkin patch in October and they got 2 of those cute little pumpkins. They are too small to carve, so they usually get painted or stickers put on them. Well, 2 went into the compost bin and I think about 30 are now growing. Or is this something else that I'm unaware of? I'm just assuming it's the little pumpkins.
And the big pumpkins have started growing. I think we have about 5 so far, pumpkins that is. The plants themselves look like there could be dozens.
We planted other things that are growing just fine, like these green beans.
We also have lots of tomato plants, but none are growing where we actually planted them. Go figure. David says next year, we should forgo seeds and just spread out our compost bin and see what we get.
We are either the worst gardeners in the world or we're really onto something.
4 comments:
Perhaps you're really onto something, but who knows, I'm simply a girl who takes an hour to get ready ~ what do I know? ;-)
Your pumpkin patch looks great! :) I'm not growing pumpkins this year and we don't have a compost bin. Your green beans look great. I'd say you're a great gardener.
Oh My ! You certainly do have a very prolific looking garden, but I agree it looks like the gourds have taken over, Although I think I spotted a few tomatoes in there as well. No carrots to be observed by the naked eye. Good thing you guys like pumpkin bread,pies cookies etc . Let's just hope you have time to do all that baking. :)
love,
G.
You are the coolest! I am still SO jealous of your garden and where you live!!!!! Wish I could pop over for a cup of coffee today or everyday for that matter! :). idea...Are you up for a visit from us soon?
My garden is a wuss! I swear we planted at the same time, but I am reaping very sparse items, like 2 strawberries at a time, 4 snap peas,tomatoes are great and my zuchini has a few leaves. My watermelon is growing leaves like crazy, but I'm not seeing anything else. It's soooo sad! But I didn't realize how sad until I saw your picture. You should start your own garden tutoring. I'll pay for your help!!
Post a Comment