Friday, November 2, 2018

Halloween

The clubhouse always has a Halloween night with a maze and trick or treating. But, the do it on Halloween, so we've never been since we prefer to be out knocking on doors. This year, they put so much work into the maze that they did it the night before also.  So, we had to go check it out and it did not disappoint.


The maze was so cool and totally scary. I thought it might be a little lame, but it totally wasn't. Here's Hannibal trying to eat Ben's liver with a nice chianti and some fava beans. The had different themes around every corner. It was so fun, the kids went through twice.

Then, Ben was Michael Meyers from Halloween and there was another one at the clubhouse. He was super creepy. I hate Michael Meyers. I don't know how I'm even sleeping with that mask in our house.

The kids did a pumpkin. They do it on their own for the  most part.

Once the guts were out, everyone but Noah gave up. So he carved the whole thing by himself. 

He did a great job and was so proud of himself.

Halloween night, we got ready and headed to trick or treat with our friends.  Noah wanted to be this inflatable dinosaur, which was hysterical. We loved the costume.

When we met up with our friends, someone had the big dino costume. The problem was Noah could barley move in the thing. So, after we did about 20 houses, we go by our house. He runs inside and takes it off and puts on a Spiderman mask. He was done with the dino.

Emily and her friends went as M&M's.

Here's our big candy haul.  Ben got more than everyone as he went off with some of the older boys and they went to more houses. But, we all share, so it's all good.  And by share, I mean I steal about 10 pieces of candy while they are at school and by 3:00 when they get home, I'm sick. It's awesome. I can't wait for it to be gone.

And that was our Halloween!  It was lots of fun. And next year Noah says he won't wear a costume that he can't run in.  Lesson learned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noah, so proud of you!! :) u carved the
Perfect Pumpkin..Cool when the candle was in there..Ben , you are so Brave, touching the
Man's Head, n he had No Body..now that was Scary.. n also ur costume was
Michael myers..yes ur Mom n I are Afraid
Of that guy!!! Boo..Loved Emily n her Friends
M n M's costumes..all those Girls look so
CUTE..Great idea!!! With their TUTU's. :)
Noah next time just wear a Mask , more Better
Lol. Dino is cute tho

Anonymous said...

Hi again.. it froze up on me..??
Now I know the Halloween candy the
Kids got..will still be there at Christmas.
Time...n the Christmas n Halloween candy, will still be there at Easter time..n when
I come in the spring to ur house..lol
Well some of it will be there, cuz it
Always is..Lol..you all eat it, but not all
Of it cuz I can tell by the wrappers..like
Ghosts,, n Santa, n the Easter bunny.. :)
Love u all XOXO Mommy

Linda said...

Great costumes and great fun! :)
Us big kids don't really do anything that special for Halloween anymore; not even hand out candy since our neighborhood doesn't really have kids, so the last 2 years, we've gone out. Also, I don't have candy in the house leftover for me to snack on (which is a good thing but funny - I remember stealing Sarah's candy when she was at school too or in the evenings when she had gone to bed, lol).

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Halloween has been and gone again into hiding for another year but what's left lingers on. (the candy) We had exactly one group of kids show up at our door. I think around here they all go to the mall which has a big organized event for the kids. Of course they would rather be there and it's safer too.
Loved all the kids costumes and that was very cute idea for the girls to be M and M's. Ben was certainly getting his fill of the scary stuff at the club house. I'm sure he loved it. Noah of course would look cute in what ever he chose to wear.
Love,
G