Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Sedona

I can't believe I haven't blogged in a month. I've just been busy and uninspired to write I guess.  We took a day trip to Sedona for our 15th anniversary.

The kids loved the sand. It's silky smooth and red. They would've been fine to just stay there and play in the sand all day.



Someone drew a cool sun in the sand. Sedona is very hippy, earthy, free spirit, that kind of place.

We started off on the hike. I had read about the hike so I knew it wasn't too hard for the kids. And I found a side hike that made it a little more challenging.



The scenery was awesome.






This part was straight up to that arch. The rest of us stayed back. This was the side hike and there wasn't really a trail, just rock and cactus.  David went all the way to the arch.





We tried to get a picture of us, but it was way to shaded.



At the end of the trail, you hike up again and it's got a great view.





Here's our other attempt.








It really was just gorgeous around every turn.














Then, we had a yummy lunch at Wildflower. It was a 3 day weekend, so Sedona was packed. I mean BUSY. It's awful when it gets that bad. Next time, I'll bring a picnic and we will forgo the main area.


All in all, it was a nice trip.

And look at these two. I never thought I'd see the day.


3 comments:

Linda said...

Yay! And update :) I've been checking periodically.

And I see where all the nice weather is.... there! Sedona looks so beautiful and warm. Our high is 32 today and it was 6 degrees this morning. Way too cold for the end of November but it's been that kind of winter (a'hem... I guess it's technically still fall, but it hasn't felt like that in a couple of months here) thus far. We've had so many little snows (nothing like Chicago that got buried this week), but thankfully they all pretty much come and go so far.

Anyway, I'm glad to see your update and hope you have a good holiday season, because yeah... it's upon us now, isn't it.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Like Linda, I too have been checking and finally success. The pictures are great I love Sedona and all the rocks. Your imagination just goes to work there and you see so many things, just like they had been humanly sculptured. Anyway glad you had a memorable anniversary. It seems hard to believe that it has been 15 years and at the same time it seems like you and David were born to be together.
Now I am waiting for your Thanksgiving Day feast with the family in Mesa.( hint hint... )
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

November 12, 2018----- HAPPY 15TH
ANNIVERSARY DAVID N GINA..WHAT a Nice 3
Day weekend with ur Kids, to Celebrate!!
Whoo--Hoo!! Sedona, Arizona is just
Beautiful..Everytime I was there , ummm
People everywhere..Cars, Tourist Buses
Traffic backed up..Etc..but you all had a Great time..n that's what matters..I love all the pics..great Rock Formations Everywhere..
Wow!! Rocko n Primrose sleeping
Together..That is so Cute..Makes me Happy :)
I Love you All, ur Mommy :)