Here's some more of the beautiful desert landscape. I'm being sarcastic. I felt like my eyes had a buffet feast of color for 5 days and now I'm just hungry.
Ben is really into science this year. I think he really likes his Science teacher, so he wanted to see the crater. Noah did too. He's studying Arizona this year, so he's seen all these places on the maps they've been working on.
The crater is about a mile wide. It's pretty impressive when you see it up close.
Emily was not as impressed. Ah, teenagers. She said she came here on a field trip, but I don't ever remember that happening.
David thought we'd be there for 5 minutes, but they have a cool museum to walk through, so we were there for like 90 minutes. The kids like all the exhibits. They aren't at the bottom, but it sure looks like it.
Here's a piece of the actual meteor. Most of it shattered upon impact.
And this cool picture window was neat.
Then, it was time to hit the road again. The best part of getting home was that Noah's Halloween costume was here. It's this inflatable dinosaur and it's hysterical.
I'm on my fifth load of laundry and trying to salvage the five pairs of sneakers that were covered in mud after the Jeep got stuck. I always bring an extra pair of sneakers. And this time, they were very much needed.
It's good to be home.














3 comments:
Ahhh welcome home. :) That crater is amazing!! :O It's incredible to think something of that size hitting the earth.
Quita a trip for sure . Glad you made it home safely with lots and lots of muddy clothes and shoes to take care of.The last day also looks like it must have been of interest especially to the boys. It was an unforgettable a week for sure... from the desert to the mountains to being stuck in the mud and lots of wetness in the weather both clear and snowy white. Lots of great pictures to keep it clear in your mind.Thanks for sharing with us.
Love,
G
Wow the picture window is Awesome..
Noah, ur dinosaur Halloween costume
Is Funny n scary..u all 3 kiddos have
A Fun Safe, trick or treat night.. :)
SO cool that Ben loves science..you kids
Are all so Smart.. :) Well I
Mama/Granny was just Happy n Relived
To watch you all walk through the
Door..after that vacation..!!
Yippee..Love you all...Mama
Post a Comment