Friday, November 2, 2018

Around Our House

Oh my, I'm so behind on blogging stuff. It's been weeks since my last post. I just did a post of Halloween and now this one should get me caught up.

Noah made honor roll at school.  This is a bad picture. He's in the back row to the left of the boy in the green jacket.  You can only see his head.  Anyway, I'm super proud of him. Only 6 kids from his class made honor roll and one made principal's list. They were all girls, but Noah. His teacher is super tough, and he worked hard. Go Noah!

The weather here has been gorgeous. Low's at night in the 40's, so we open up the windows and put fans in them in the evening to get some cool air in. I was in the bedroom and David was in the living room and we both jumped up to shut the windows as we smelled a skunk.  Well, Rocko got skunked right in his chest and face. Poor dog.  And poor David who was out using apple cider vinegar to get him bathed at 9:00 at night.

And we were all dying inside and making Kleenex nose plugs. The smell was awful. We've all smelled skunk, but when it's that close, it's a whole new level. It stinks so bad it burns.

Then, we realized we could go in the pantry as it smelled great in there!  Thanks Dad and Suzy for the skunk shelter! It took a few days to get the smell out of the house and Rocko still smells a little.  Ugh, hope that never happens again. I don't know if it got in our backyard or what, but it was awful.

Then, poor Prim got spayed. I was dreading this day. I know the cone of shame is awful.  So, interesting fact. If a female cat is spayed they put a little green tattoo below their incision as you can see in the picture. This way, if a female cat ever goes to a shelter, they can tell she was spayed and won't cut her open to do it again. Makes sense. You can tell a male cat is neutered from the outside, but there is no way to tell if a female cat is. So, our girl got tatted up!

Awww....this is just so awful. She didn't do great the first night, but after that she was fine.

We would take off her cone and give her lots of love. The first night was rough, so Emily stayed with here and gave extra lovin'.

The good news is it's been 8 days and her wound is all healed up. So, the cone is gone as of today!  Yippee!

Emily had a band festival here at home at her high school. The other ones have been in Phoenix and Tucson, so it was neat to have one here. So, I took a few of her friends to see her and a few other bands perform. It was neat. 

And her football team made it into the playoffs, so they thought 2 weeks ago that the season was over, but surprise...they had a game tonight! When I told Emily the team got in the playoffs and there was another home game, she was super excited. So, I guess that's how you know it's been a fun season and she doesn't want it to end. Unfortunately, they lost tonight, but it was still an awesome season.  Up next tryouts for winter guard.  Which is color guard, but not with the band.  I'm hoping Emily gets some down time before that happens. A month off would be nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, oh my my, so proud of u Noah,
Making Honor Roll..all girls, n NO Boys
But you.:) Now that's impressive.. I'm So
PROUD OF YOU NOAH..Again whoohoo!!
I feel sorry for you all Stuck on the Pantry..
Ugg..kinda funny tho..poor Rocko, David is
So good about taking Care of whatever needs
To be done around the house..:)..oh Emily,
What a little sweetheart u are
With Prim..I hope the stinky, skunk
Smell is GONE BY THE TIME I GET THERE IN THE SPRING!! MY LOVE MOM

Linda said...

Awesome Noah!! Congrats!

That's awful about the skunk :(

Interesting but when our cats were fixed, the doctor didn't use the cone. They just came home without it and no tats on the female cats here, but that's a good idea!

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

I was waiting so long for these blogs and then I forget to make comments. So happy to know about Noah's Honor Roll status and at the same time so proud of him. He is following in his siblings footsteps.
I guess the skunk event certainly happened at the right time of year. Glad you have gotten rid of the smell. It must have really been terrible.
I guess by now Prim is happy to have lost her cone. Certainly puts a restraint on some of the stuff she likes to do. Hope she is doing well by now. Glad emily was able to help out a bit with her.
Love,
G