She liked it, but proclaims that mine are better. I had a coupon and we still spent $7.50 (I had a gift card). It's a good thing she prefers mine as we won't be back.
I remember a time when I was single. Stopping at Jamba Juice for a smoothie and/or pretzel was a weekly occurrence. So were car washes, the deluxe ones. And trips to the beauty salon every 6 weeks. Eating out every week and going to the movies. Gym memberships and shopping sprees at Ann Taylor. Oh and don't even get me started on how often I got a mani and pedi. My single life was a good one, that's for dang sure.
But there is a time for everything in our lives. That was then, this is now and now is pretty dang incredible too. We choose to live way below our means. Gina's Beauty Parlor is open 24/7 if any of us need a trim. David washes my car, and gives me "the works" version every time. I make smoothies for the family. Shopping sprees are now at Old Navy or Target, and always with a coupon. Movies are few and far between and the gym is my bike with a child seat on the back. Oh and my toes, I paint them. That's just how we roll.
We scale back when we can, so we can afford the things we really want for our family. Which for us is usually a great trip somewhere. Did I mention we are headed to Disneyland in 7 days. A few days at Disney and then off to a beach house we rented. So, so excited.
But I digress...I used to get excited by a clearance rack at Ann Taylor. Now, I get enjoyment when I tell Noah to get dressed to go get the kids from school. Oh, he tries so hard. It's a 50/50 shot he'll get it right, yet, he always gets it wrong.
Outfit totally doesn't match.
His polo is on backwards.
He's rocking it though and I could care less. There would have been a time with Emily that I would've never gone out of the house with her outfit like this. Then, Ben came along and he wanted to wear costumes all the time. I let him. With Noah, I'm just happy the kid isn't naked.
Emily's friend got her a "best friends" necklace. How cute are they?
ADORABLE! I love that Emily has made a great friend at school.
It's the little things in life that make me happy, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
3 comments:
Enjoyed reading your update - the photos are adorable. <3
It's funny the difference though because I never even did any of those things even when single. My priorities have always been kind of different. The things I love to spend money on are garden/yard things, and Birthday and Christmas gifts (which is what I'm spending all of my money on right now). I don't drink coffee much at all (1/2 cup in the morning and most of the time not even that), so I've never bought coffee anywhere until a couple of times when Sarah and I were out like you and Emily. ;) I don't get my hair done, never nails because I hate that kind of stuff. But we do take one big family vacation every year and then the rest of our money is spent on entertaining friends, like treating my sister and her family who don't have much, to an entire day out on Saturday. Also, with a teenager in high school, it's not quite as easy to just buy clothes here or there - she's like me in that respect, we buy from Ruche, Modcloth, or Urban Outfitters, and then there are things like Homecoming this weekend - which resulted in the need for an entire new outfit, including cute shoes of course. ;) Money, money, money... and next up comes college. Time for her to get a part-time job soon, though no one here is hiring.
Love, Linda
Yeah for Emily finding a new best friend all on her own. She looks like a sweet little girl, and that was so nice of her to get the necklaces. As for Noah and his new artistic talents, that is great. I always have room for a new addition to my art collection.:)Ans as for the backwards mismatched outfit, he's doing fine. Better than his more comfortable nude approach.. for sure. Grampie just keeps remarking how much he looks like Emily, of course she doesn't really look like that anymore as she has grown into an "almost" young lady. ☼
Love,
G.
My husband is still hung up on the whole perfectly dressed thing. Me, I am firmly in the "you have clothes on! Great, lets go" camp ;)
Post a Comment