Monday, September 24, 2012

An Artist Is Born

Noah is turning into quite an artist. He is obsessed with coloring, writing, marking on anything he can. This includes paper, toys, the walls, himself. It would be funny if it wasn't so annoying. Thank God for the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Seriously, that is the best invention ever. Takes marker off the wall, but doesn't hurt your paint. I don't know how it does that.

This weekend, Noah put purple marker all over his face and told David that he looked pretty now. He looked like a clown.

I decided to try to channel Noah's "talent" onto our dry erase board.
Photobucket
I told him to smile at me, probably not a good idea.
Photobucket
The problem was he wrote over and erased our grocery list and David's to do list.

It was time to break out the big guns. Out from under the bed came Emily's easel. I think this is the solution to our problems.
Photobucket
Oh, he is really thrilled now.
Photobucket
And when I went to take a shower, I came out and found him here.
Photobucket
Our lists will have to go on paper for awhile, until this phase passes...

3 comments:

Holly and Bo said...

Love it! He holds the marker really well. His smile is priceless. :) I think I need to paint an entire wall with chalkboard paint for Kylie...even at that I'm sure she would be drawing places she shouldn't.

Linda said...

Wow, you're patient! :9 Sarah never attempted any of that kind of stuff on the walls. I think one time, she wrote something in pencil really small on the wall near her bed and I totally freaked out and that was that. She had a dry erase board in her room and that did the trick, though she's never been a fan of drawing.

He's a corker.
Love, Linda

Piper said...

The boys have a dry erase board and a chalkboard hanging in their room but I had to hide the markers and chalk becaus Bryce was writing on everything but the boards lol