Exercise. I got on a kick a few months back that lasted one day. Then, I broke up with my treadmill again and I came this close to selling it on Craigslist. I don't even care if I lose weight (although, that would be nice), but I just want to move. Some days the only exercise I get is walking from the computer to the kitchen. But, I've learned that I really just don't like to exercise. It has to be fun and not feel like exercise or I won't do it. So my friend and I have started walking. 30 minutes, Monday through Friday. No excuses.
Church. We talk about going all the time. David is very picky and can't find any church that he loves. I don't care so much, let's just go. The last 2 years, it was out of the question with Noah due to his health. But, he hasn't had an ear infection in a long time and he would hopefully let us leave him in the nursery at Church.
When David's Mom was visiting, Emily slept in our bed with us. When my Dad and Suzy came for the night, Ben slept with us too. It was me, Ben and Emily in bed. David on the sofa at the foot of the bed. It's the most comfortable sofa ever, so he really had the best spot. In any case, we started talking about church with the kids and God. We asked what Jesus looked like.
Emily said, "He has brown hair and a beard".
And Ben said, "And he wears a hoodie!"
A hoodie. Really? How about a robe Ben? In any case, we need to go to church. No excuses.
And for my father-in-law, here's a picture of the kids after a shower. He checks everyday for pictures. Ben was trying, not very successfully, to cover his chest.
1 comment:
You have wonderful goals and priorities and I admire that.
You're reminding me that Jim, Sarah and I haven't been to church in a couple of years, if not longer. We used to go every Sunday with my parents and I know that my parents would love for us to return to our old church, but Jim and I just haven't felt drawn to do so. His opinion is that we don't need to attend church to be Christians and he's right, but..... I know from my own personal experiences there and at other churches, that the fellowship aspect is something that you just can't get on your own at home.
So.... I don't know. It's on my mind too, as it is yours.
One thing I do every day is listen to WBGL radio, which is a Christian Rock radio station that even Sarah loves. This is not church hymns. This is alternative, pop, rock and much of it is really excellent. It's uplifting for me on my drives to and from work, though I'll admit that even in the midst of singing along with one of the songs, I've been known to cuss out another driver in the next breath. That's just us humans, isn't it? ;)
As for the exercise - you know how I feel about WALKING. It's the one exercise that I've stuck with for several years. I used to walk every single work day for an hour on my lunch (no eating - just walking). I've now generally been keeping this up 3 days a week because my holiday schedule has varied and I don't feel right taking an hour walk on a day when I'm leaving early.... but I will get back into the every 5 days for an hour. It's 3 miles - I've been known to do 3.5, so that's not bad considering I walk in snow, ice, rain, wind, and nice weather.
Walking by myself is liberating for me, exhilerating - I feel like I can take on the world after those walks, so yes - walking, to me, is the ultimate exercise and it's FREE. :)
Hope you realize your goals - kuddos to you for writing about them.
Hope you have a nice weekend.
Love, Linda
Post a Comment