But, it's a little humbling when one of your children have already surpassed you in an area of life. Neither David or I are good at drawing. We make stick figures and stick dogs and it's really pretty sad.
Here's a drawing I did when I was in Kindergarten like Ben. Apparently, the top corner was used for scratch paper. This was probably a "masterpiece" for me.
Here's a drawing David did when he was about 7.
That's about as good as it gets for us.
Not for Ben though. Ben is an artist. He loves to draw. Not color, he rarely uses a coloring book. He prefers to pull out my paper tray on the printer, grab a piece of paper and start creating. Of course, everything is a superhero theme.
Here was The Joker because he had to draw something with the letter J for school.
Most every drawing is of Spiderman. The kid loves all superheros, but he's partial to Spiderman. He came home from school last week and spent an hour drawing this.
One day, we will go to New York and I'll take him to see Spiderman Turn Off The Dark on Broadway. I can just imagine his amazement watching that play. And I know he'll be in awe of the buildings in New York. He drew this picture last night. That's him as Spiderman, complete with glasses and all.
He's making a book called "A World Without Superheroes". Where all superheroes die, and I'm sure will come back to life because you know, they are super and all. I wish I could live in his head for a day. I think it's a magical place.
5 comments:
Sounds like you are a superhero parent! We'd love to have you and your child swing by the show. Love the drawings, by the way! Spidey seal of approval :)
Love it! You are absolutely right Ben is certainly a unique individual. Imagine even thinking of putting a book together at his age. In fact he seems to be progressing more and more with his drawings even since Christmas.Thanks for sharing. BTW I believe David's drawing was from 2nd grade as that's when he learned to write. It looks like his early attempts as some letters were not formed correctly as you no doubt noticed as well. In any case I agree Ben does not take ater his Dad artistically.Tell Ben Grammie and Grampie love his work.☼
Love,
G.
Those are great drawings!! He's a talented kid!! :)
You know though, I do draw well, but my Kindergarten drawing looked more like yours, so guess it's not always an indication of future growth. ;) You should try drawing again, lol.
Hope you all have a great weekend. Sarah is off to her Dad's and it's really bad roads up there (2 hours north) because of the heavy snow. Down here - we're having nothing, other than maybe a couple of inches at the most.
Jim and I are just staying in tonight for a quiet evening.
Love, Linda
Wow! Those ARE impressive! I love how he fills the page with color. What an awesome imagination.
Those are great :)
My 6yo blows us away with his Lego creations--I have no idea where he comes up with some of this stuff or where he gets the natural ability to create lol
Post a Comment