Sunday, October 4, 2009

How Do You Like Them Berries?



Our garden was a total bust this year. The pumpkin overtook everything. Then, some weird bugs came and ate the pumpkins. The only thing that grew were a ton of tomatoes. We have tomato plants where we didn't even plant tomatoes.

The only other thing that produced were our raspberry plants. We are still getting handfuls of delicious raspberries every few days. The kids love them. They are gone as soon as I pick them.

These are golden raspberries. Never heard of them? Me neither. But the plant was on sale last year, so we went for it. They taste like the red ones pretty much.


Don't these look so yummy? They are!


Next year, we are going to plant some blackberries too. Berries are so expensive, might as well grow them. They do really well up here too. The raspberry plant has sprouted up in several other places around the original plant. It may end up looking a little wild, but I don't care. I just like the fruit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum , Yum, I love Raspberries. The model holding the raspberry looks pretty good too. Hi to my little SuperMan.Hope you all enjoy grampie's visit and be sure to save some raspberries for him:)

Linda said...

I've grown Raspberries for years - they are indeed delicious and hardy. I just pull up the shoots that end up in different places of the yard.

Our Raspberries grow from June to September and while they were still producing a few pieces of fruit (there was a continual hardy harvest this year), I mowed them all down this weekend when I was cleaning out the gardens, because frost is coming quickly.

Glad you're still enjoying your berries. :)

brownymama said...

I like them berries, but I think I like the superhero even better!! (; SOOOOO cute!