Monday, May 25, 2009

Staycation

We couldn't afford a vacation this year. But with David's furlough days, he ended up with 5 days off over this Memorial Day weekend. We decided to do a staycation, but only at my Dad's house in Phoenix. He's up in Idaho, so we'd have the place to ourselves.

On the way into Phoenix, we decided to stop at a new park that was over by our first home. A storm had just come through the valley, so the temperature was in the 80's in comparison to the 105 they had the week before. We took advantage of the gorgeous day.

The kids played on the huge playground.



They also had a splash park, so we put on their suits and they played in the water for awhile. We were the only ones at the splash park, so that was nice.





We ate dinner at some of our favorite restaurants and swam in my Dad's pool.





Some of our good friends were having a barbecue, so we headed over there Sunday evening. It was so great to visit with all of our friends.

They had a Wii Guitar Hero. Emily was hooked. I have a feeling Santa might be bringing a Wii this year.


The kids enjoyed swimming some more in their awesome pool.




We headed home after the party. We were only there for 2 days, but David and I both felt like it was longer. It was just what we needed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina, you make it sound and feel like you were on a whirlwind tour, but it looks to me like you were at a fabulous resort. Papa Pete's place looks like a welcoming retreat, and I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy a few days away and see your friends as well.
Love Ben's new haircut. I'm sure it was nice when you got home that you still had a couple days left to sleep in. HA!Enjoy!
Love,
G

Linda said...

A long weekend of great fun, for sure! I loved all of the photos, your story and the videos. I got a kick out of the sprinkler-park videos, how Emily runs right through and Ben runs around the sprinkler. But then, I see that he's just as much of a daredevil when it comes to going down the slide at the pool. :) Sarah would have never done any of that at that age - she didn't have swim lessons until around 2nd/3rd grade, but that was when she was ready. And now, she's a fish and you can't get her out of the water.

Glad you had a wonderful time!
Love, Linda