Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I've Learned...

I've learned that sometimes I just don't feel like blogging. Sure, the kids give me material almost daily, but it seems about once a month I just don't write for a week. Writer's block? Nah, I'm not a writer. I would say it boils down to simply being tired. 1:30 to 3:00 has turned into my resting time. The kids get hypnotized by the TV and I get to relax on the sofa. It's a win win, or maybe a lose win, but I win, so that's all that matters.

There are a lot of changes with my pregnancy lately:

The first being that I need my relax time everyday just to make it to 9:00 at night.

I've learned I can no longer sleep on my stomach due to my 5 month prego belly. I go from side to side and wake up with sore shoulders and back. The kids drive their Hot Wheels on my back in an attempt to make me feel better. It actually does a little.

I've learned that if I eat watermelon as a snack before bedtime, I will get up to pee 9 times instead of the normal 5 or 6.

I've learned that between the dogs, kids and bathroom breaks, it takes me 10 hours at night to actually get 8 hours of sleep.

David got to feel the baby move the other night. He asked what it felt like. You know when the kids kick you in the stomach, like that but on the inside. I love feeling the baby move and it's one of the high moments that will get me through the next 4 + months as we all know my babies don't come even a day early.

I also learned a few things about my kids and going to the zoo which we did a few weeks ago. This was a zoo about 45 minutes from us that we've never been too.

I've learned no matter how much you promise to take your kids to the zoo, don't do it if it's one of the windiest days of the year. The kids had fun, but it only lasted a few hours.

I've learned that Emily has an adventurous spirit...


Until she encounters a giraffe. She immediately ran to my side.

Ben, however, is not afraid of the giraffe that his Dad is feeding. Surprising, as Ben is usually afraid of just about anything, his shadow, a fly...


I've learned he was not afraid of the Ibex either.


Maybe it's the fence for added protection, but Emily was into the camel.


Then came the snake show...my favorite (pick up on my sarcasm here).


I've learned that Emily is not afraid of snakes and had to touch both of them.



Meanwhile, Ben was trying to escape and wanted nothing to do with the snakes. Although, he did want to see them, just from outside their enclosure.


They also had some other cool animals like:
Tigers...


and Zebras...


and Bears...

Oh my!

I've learned that even though it cost us $54 to get into this zoo, they liked the playground the best. Seriously? We could've done this for free.



Perhaps the most disturbing thing that I've learned lately is that Survivor (the TV show) has been on for 9 years and 18 seasons. I think I've watched all but 2 seasons. Assuming most seasons have about 15 hour long episodes, that makes 240 hours of Survivor that I have watched. The sad thing is, I usually can't even remember who these people are 3 months after the show.

I've learned that I DO have time to exercise. I just found 240 hours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I was wondering if you were going to post anything about your zoo trip... I didn't say a word. You see I am a good mother in law after all. However, I was checking every 20 minutes or so today as I was sure you were going to post about last night. I won't say what the occassion was and ruin it for when I am sure you will post something about that sweet but probably sad event. :) You see I am nagging after all!
However, I did love the zoo pics and not sure how we got from Zoo to Survivor to exercise all in one telling but you managed to do it very effectively.
Get some rest , my dear, and please know I am dying to see last night in pics.

Linda said...

I don't always feel like blogging either, especially when I feel like no one is reading it. :-S So I fully understand that one. My blogging however has become another aspect of work to me, because since the newspaper lists the link now, I feel like I absolutely must keep up with the writing on the blog. It's good practice anyway.

I enjoyed your story as always and the wonderful photos. Especially that last one of Emily against the sky/clouds - it's really a great shot. :)

Hope you'll continue to find time to rest as you need it. One kid makes me exhausted, so I can't imagine two with another on the way. More power to you!! :)

Love, Linda