Thursday, May 28, 2009

One Small Step For Ben

One giant leap for Mommy!

Our Fry's grocery store has a kids club babysitting service while you shop. They look after your little ones for free and you spend more money. It's a win win.

I've taken the kids and every time, they called me over the intercom after 5 minutes to get Ben. Emily does just fine and loves it. She even gets mad if I won't let her go in there to play because I only need 2 things. I usually drop her off at the kids club and Ben goes shopping with me. The trip is still easier with only one kid who sits in the shopping cart.

Today Ben said he wanted to go in the kids club with Emily. I'm encouraging this and telling him he'll have a great time. Under my breath, I tell the nice lady that she'll be calling me in 2.5 minutes.

I started my shopping expecting to hear, "Gina to the Kids Club" over the intercom at any given second. Nothing. I checked the monitors that they have displayed throughout the store and I could see him playing. He was just fine. My little boy was not crying for me.

After 30 minutes, I was checking out in complete shock.

I decide to get a special treat for each of them. A box of orange Tic Tacs.

Ben was excited to see me and I praised him for being such a big boy. This could be the beginning of a little freedom for myself. And dare I say it, David and I actually hiring a babysitter for a date night. Hopefully, I didn't just jinx myself.

2 comments:

Linda said...

That's wonderful! :)

And I know what you mean... my sister and I were just talking about jinxing today - how every time we say something is getting easier or better, the bottom falls out. She is struggling with raising 3 girls - the twins who are nearly 14 months old and still fussy all the time and Emma, the big sister who is 5. They are all very needy children and she rarely has a free moment.

I hope that Ben keeps up this big-boy attitude and that you can plan for some date nights. :)

Sarah said...

Ah! Date night freedom is heaven.