Saturday, July 5, 2008

Life is a Highway

About a month ago, we went to a play date with the Mommy group. Two of the kids had ride on jeeps or "beepers" as Emily calls them. Both Ben and Emily just loved riding on the jeeps. Emily would not get off unless I was forcing her to share and Ben only got off to get another cookie. They were hooked. I thought that our evening walks could actually be a walk instead of our normal stop and go if we got the kids a jeep. The jeep holds 2 kids which is perfect as Ben isn't great with steering yet, but he is learning quickly. We went to a few yard sales but we did not have any luck in finding a beeper for the kids. I certainly wasn't going to buy a new one as they are between $200-$300 and something only Santa could afford. Last week a lady had a jeep and quad for sale on Craigslist for $20 each. Of course they are used and a little sun faded, but I wasn't going to pass up a great deal. Plus, I've learned the kids could care less if it's new or not. It's new to them. Emily's is a purple Barbie jeep that even has a working radio and Barbie CD. Although I secretly wish the Barbie CD was broken. If I hear Barbie say, "Is everyone ready to go the beach?" again I'm going to through myself under the Jeep. We are going to add some cool new stickers to it soon. Ben is perfectly happy to be her passenger. A few nights ago on our walk he fell asleep while Emily was driving. Thank God he wasn't driving! Ben's quad is very cool and he loves it. It's awesome that it's a little used and the traction on the tires is worn because he fishtails every time he takes off or stops. That just adds to the fun. The kids are loving their new toys and couldn't wait to show Granny this morning. My Mom came back up for a visit again and it's great to have her with us for awhile. Here are some videos of our morning adventures.


Ben is starting to get the hang of it...


Emily decides she's had enough of Barbie and the beach party and hops on the quad!

2 comments:

Linda said...

What a great bargain! That's wonderful and the kids are so cute on their vehicles. : )

Lindsay said...

I love the new bikes! We have been so tempted to get some. We will I am sure just not yet. They look like SOOO much fun! Sounds like you got some great deals!!! I will have to check out Craigs list when we decided to get some!