Monday, July 28, 2008

Compliments of George W.


We love the weather up here in Prescott. For about 6 months out of the year, you really don't need A/C or the heater. We've been struggling with not getting a good enough breeze through the house during those nice months. We looked into getting a screen door for the front door. We have an extra wide and extra tall door. That means a custom door. I called one company that came out and wanted $1250! What?!? I went to Lowe's and on sale they wanted $1150 plus tax. I could not believe how expensive a door could be. I was going with the most basic model. These are really nice security doors though. Basically, they only have a deadbolt lock so you could actually leave your regular door wide open all night. One of our friends does this. I'm not sure I could as I would be freaking out all night that somebody is sitting there staring in my living room. Anyway, I used the same company that my friend had just gone through and it ended up costing about $900. It's a good thing we got that economic stimulus check or we probably would've postoned this little home improvement for several years.

2 comments:

Linda said...

It's a very nice looking door! I like the color.

We used our tax incentive money on the pool. :-)

Anonymous said...

Please tell me it is not cool enough right now to leave the inside door open? The door looks great by the way, but who would ever guess they are so expensive.
Love,
G.