Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Emily's Adventures

Emily has always been fearless. She jumped off a diving board before she was 2. David can't toss her high enough into the air. Some kids like to sit on their Dad's shoulders, Emily likes to stand on David's. She always wants to go faster and higher. She always wants more. In fact, "more" was one of her first words and the only word she picked up in sign language at 9 months. She is always up to try anything and usually the first kid to go for it. We had a play date at our house on Monday and one of the Mom's brought her water slide. Emily was playing with the older boys the entire day. She could completely keep up with them. Ben was inside in his room by himself. Their personalities are night and day. I don't know where Emily gets her sense of adventure. I'm kind of in the middle and I'm told David used to turn blue if pushed too high on the swing. Our girl is one of a kind. I love her spirit and know that she will experience many things in life because she loves a thrill. Notice in the video that she doesn't even use the slide. That's just in her way.



Here's another one of Emily at our clubhouse pool. I didn't realize that most 3 year olds will barely get their heads wet or leave their Moms. Emily will jump in the pool without the floaties, but when I have both kids by myself she has to wear them as I don't have eyes in the back of my head...yet. Notice Ben standing on the side of the pool watching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grampie and I loved the videos. Thanks for sharing. Super!
I think I can say without a doubt that while David may have been turning blue on the swings at the playground, his big sister Alisa was busy challenging the bigger boys to any adventure that they could came up with. She, like Emily, liked to go higher on the swings, run faster around the track, do more laps across the pool and just generally was up to any challenge or opportunity that came her way, to show those older or bigger than her, that she was #1, especially if they were boys.
There was no "male" on the playground that she couldn't beat. What she may have been lacking in skill she made up for with determination and persistence.
I think we can safely conclude Emily takes after her Auntie Alisa, in more ways than one.
Way to go Emmy!
Love,
Grammie