Friday, July 11, 2008
Room for 2 More
David and I always agree that our kids have way too many toys. I can probably count on one hand how many we've bought them with the exception of Christmas and birthday gifts. They are loved and spoiled by many. Granny came to visit for a few days after a trip to the casino with her sisters. My Mom had a little luck and came away with some money. She gave each of the kids $20. Ben had been eyeing a Buzz Lightyear toy at Kmart for months. Whenever we go to any store, we browse the toy section, bid a fond farewell and finish our shopping without buying any toys. Ben really, really wanted that Buzz Lightyear. Low and behold, Buzz cost $19.99. We headed to Kmart the other day and Ben got his Buzz Ranger. It's Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger, but he mixes it up. Emily wanted Woody. I showed her the Barbies and dolls and even a Snow White costume, but she wanted Woody which was fine with me. I've been a fan of Toy Story since it came out over 10 years ago. I used to have a Jesse doll that I took on vacation when Pam and I went around the U.S. Jesse was very well traveled and enjoyed sun bathing on the beach in Arcadia Nation Park, taking a ride on a Harley in Boston and she even went to the top of the World Trade Center. I don't know what ever happened to my Jesse doll, but I will have to find one and buy it for myself. The kids are having so much fun with their new Woody and Buzz. Ben even insisted on sleeping with Buzz. I could hear "to infinity and beyond" about 1,000 times before he finally fell asleep. Buzz even went on a ride in the Jeep today. I'm sure they will have as many experiences as Jesse did.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Gina,
I just left a comment on Linda's blog saying that the two of you were on the same wave length today, dreaming about your dolls and past adventures. :)
I know for sure that your two real little dolls have more toys than I ever had in my life time and I always thought growing up that we had plenty, but then again with 7 kids there was always some toy belonging to one of us that we could all play with. I think one of us originally got a toy but I'm sure we all thought it was ours.Of course I was a few years ahead of the rest so I was mostly growing out of toys when the rest were just coming into them.
I also suspect many of my original toys ended up in the hands of Jim the youngest and he didn't know the difference. Blocks and games were the same no matter who first received them. Much like when you write about the kids "new" vehicles.It was new to them..
In closing I agree Ben and Emily have far more toys than their dad ever had and yet I am sure he felt he had sufficent as well. I was dying to catch him with his little old case of GI Joe men when he came home, but never saw that happen. Seeing him with play doh this week made me think, he probably never had that when he was a kid. So when you said he was playing with Ben for the first time with play doh, I supect that was his first time playing with it period.
Love to all ,
to infinity and beyond
Grammie
I read your blogs all the time and wonder where do you find the ammunition for your stories.I enjoy all of them and it helps me know from far away a little about your lives..Unlike you and Linda I don't have a talent for writing, my talent lies in reading and of course talking..Keep writing I am one of your many hits each month.. and oh yes David had many many many toys and enjoyed playing with them all the time, My boys also liked playing with David's toys as well..Auntie Barb
I love this and I loved Toy Story as well. The song in the 2nd Toy Story always makes me cry, because of course it's "your doll" singing about the days when she was still lovingly played with by a little girl and of course, little girls grow up and toys are cast aside. It makes me think of my Sarah every time and how fast the years have flown by.
When somebody loved me,
Everything was beautiful
Every hour we spent together lives within my heart
And when she was sad,
I was there to dry her tears
And when she was happy,
So was I
When she loved me
Through the summer and the fall
We had each other, that was all
Just she and I together,
Like it was meant to be
And when she was lonely,
I was there to comfort her
And I knew that she loved me
So the years went by
I stayed the same
But she began to drift away
I was left alone
Still I waited for the day
When she'd say I will always love you
Lonely and forgotten,
I'd never thought she'd look my way
And she smiled at me and held me just like she used to do
Like she loved me
When she loved me
When somebody loved me
Everything was beautiful
Every hour we spent together lives within my heart
When she loved me
I like your pics of well traveled Jesse. Hope things are well.
Oh my goodness Aunt Linda. I cry everytime I hear When She Loved Me. The kids will come get me and say "Mommy, come watch the song that makes you cry." And without fail, I always cry. That's too funny that you cry too.
Yes, Jessie and Lilo, even an alien, traveled with us during our summer adventures. Good times, for sure. I hope Jessie didn't get left under a bed somewhere - that would be terribly ironic! Last I saw her she was in Ginger with Cartman. Good luck, beans!
Post a Comment