Monday, August 24, 2020

Cat Bite

I get home from work today and take one look at Noah's face and knew something was wrong. Apparently, he had just been bitten a bunch of times by our cat.  

Ben and Emily were in the rooms on Zoom calls for school. Noah does his school at the computer in the living room. He heard Prim screaming, literally screaming. He ran in the other room. We have a cat tree by the window and she got her foot stuck in the cord and was hanging upside down freaking out. Noah picked her up to and got her paw freed. In the meantime, she bit him numerous times. 

 The cat was screaming so loud that Ben and Emily thought it was just Noah being loud and annoying and neither of them even came out.  Ben couldn't believe that it was the cat screaming and not Noah.

This bite on his arm was by far the worst. The wound on top was deep and bleeding a lot. His finger was totally swollen. He's a little allergic to cats, so he was swelling up fast.

Poor guy had about 2 minutes to tell me what happened and he had to get on a video call for school. As soon as it was over, he took a shower and washed all his wounds. I got Neosporin on them and got them bandaged. Then, Dakri tells me that cat bites get infected easily, especially if they are deep like Noah's. Oh great. So, we did a teledoc conference call with some doctor from our insurance. It was so nice and easy. She said she doesn't think he needs stitches and prescribed him an antibiotic. The one deep wound could probably use a stitch, but we'll see how it does. 
 
As fate would have it, he already has a doctor's appointment scheduled on Wednesday for his 11 year old shots. It'll be good that they can check it out and make sure he's fine.  
 
Oh yeah, the cat's just fine.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. That is terrible. I hope he will be ok. But glad you have appointment on Wed. I've heard of a few cat bites gone bad but even though they look sore , I hope they will heal quickly. A few months ago I stepped on Lucy's tail and she gave me a few good bites on my leg. They healed in a few weeks of time. I'LL KEEP my sweet little man in my prayers.
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

Oh no..our little Noah.❤.i feel so sorry
For You.. Well u rescued Prim.good job.
But look at you..ouch.😟
It will Heal Noah..πŸ˜ƒπŸŒˆ but you went
Thru some..pain..God Bless you..πŸ˜‡πŸ™ we all sent you our Love Prayers..
Hugs ur GrannyπŸ€—❤🌹

Linda said...

That's terrible and sad. :( Prim was only reacting I'm sure - I've never been bitten by any of our cats (outside of play nips which don't hurt). Hope everything goes well with the healing. We have one cord like that in the guest bedroom but I always keep it tucked up high under the top of the blinds; I was never thinking that could happen, but I did it to keep it out of the cat's reach since they would have a tendency to play with it.