Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Maui, Day 6

Seriously, this view never gets old. It rained more today than any other day, but it never rains for long and it's never a downpour. But, the saying is "no rain, no rainbows". We've seen a lot of rainbows!
We headed to the beach for several hours of fun. The boys were playing catch with a water bottle. We have a ball, football and frisbee and they go for a water bottle.
A little after noon, we headed up for some lunch and to get ready for our luau tonight.
We got a quick photo in the house. The pics all look a little foggy. I probably needed to clean off my camera on my phone.
We headed to Whaler's Village before the luau to do a little shopping.  Noah wanted to climb in this thing.

The boys waiting for the girls to finish shopping.
We got to the luau and it was raining and raining, but not a ton. We hoped they wouldn't move it indoors because then you are in a banquet room and it loses it's ambiance.  Well, it was full of ambiance!  I think it rained more than it was dry, but it was never awful.  So, we all just stuck it out.

Here's some pics from when we were still dry.

The picture makes me laugh. We were taking off our sunglasses at the same time.


When the rain came, we used our napkins for hoods.
The dancers were awesome. Of course, they weren't bothered by the rain. I love Polynesian dancers.

There's a rainbow behind the boys, but you can't really see it. You can tell that Ben is a little wet though. It just added to the experience.
Then, the fire twirling came out. He was pretty cool to watch!
We got home just in time to see a smidge of the sunset. We've been able to see everyone while we were here.
Tomorrow is a super long road trip to Hana and Haleakala.  Hoping it's as amazing as we hope!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Very cool and there was even fire in the rain! :)
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Loved all the pictures. The luau looked great ,not sure about the rainy part but I loved your outfits and especially that you got David into a Hawaiian looking shirt. After seeing all your rainbows I just had to send you the link on your messenger account. I love that rendition of the song. Not so much the pics but the music puts me right in the mood. Hope you all enjoyed the trip to Hana. It's especially good if you're the driver. Enjoy your last full day tomorrow!
Love, G

Anonymous said...

Hi, so I see everyone bought n put on
Their Hawait an outfits..Very cool
N Spring looking..when u were putting
Napkins on ur heads..that blonde
Lady on the end was laughing at u..
I laughed too..but laughed more when
U n Dakri were taking off ur sunglasses
The next pic of u 2 ..BEAUTIFUL..
EMILY N ALANAH TOO..I LOVE WATCHING
HULA DANCERS..SO GRACEFUL..MY LOVE MOM

Anonymous said...

Beauties!! Love you all
xx Amy