Sunday, March 10, 2019

Maui, Day 2

Day 2 didn't start out so great for me. We went to bed at close to 2 Arizona time. I took one of David's Lunesta thinking I'd get a good night sleep. But, Noah was coughing and moving constantly. I was awake probably every 30 minutes. Sometime in the middle of the night, I rolled over and felt an awful headache coming on. I knew this was going to bad.

We had plans to go to the Farmer's Market and Costco to get most of our food. We were all up super early, like 6:00 or earlier. We were shopping around and I knew I was going to throw up. I was just majorly off. I knew I wasn't sick. It was just dehydration, lack of sleep, climate change, etc. So, I ran into a grassy area and threw up. Then, I got a smoothie. Then, I threw up again. We were there for about 90 minutes. The kids got some souveniours. We got a Christmas ornament and a got a saroong for my cover up. Then, we got out of there. We got the hotel and I puked again.

I was supposed to go shopping with Darki. Instead we let the kids all go to the pool while David, Dakri and Ryan all went to Costco. David brought back pizza for the kids and Ryan and Dakri went to Walmart. I took two Excedrin and took a nap for an hour. I woke up and felt just fine. I knew that's all I needed.

So, we went to get some lunch.  They have chickens all over the place. It's very bizarre.
We took our lunch to this awesome beach. This place is known for it's winds and kite surfers. The kite surfers were so cool. They'd literally get like 30 feet off the water. Ben's eyes lit up and I know he's going to try that sport one day when his mother isn't telling him how unsafe it is. The food was so good. It was a place called Tin Roof and the guy was on Top Chef which is one of our favorite shows.
Noah was finding treasures.
We hung out for a few hours since we couldn't check into our condo for a few hours.



There were turtles all around these rocks!
We got to our condo finally, got on suits and went down to check out the water. There was some high tide warnings and the water was rough. So, we didn't boogie board much, but still enjoyed it.
The guys grilled us up some T-bone steaks and we had potatoes and salad. It was delicious.
Our first sunset...



It was a great day and we are glad to finally be settled in our condo for the week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina I feel bad cuz u were so sick..
But I loved the ending..2 excedrin
N went to sleep,, woke up n felt great..
Totally cool.. :) Chickens n Turules
Everywhere..Omg..Lil chicks are cuties..
The Sunsets are so Beautiful.. I see Emily n Alanah having alot of girl talk..Ben will probably do that eater
Sport someday..I hope Not..Josh looks
Like his Dad...Ryan n David nice n sweet u both made a yummy dinner..I like the
Way the Bar b ques are set..up..Noah looks very happy with his TreasuRe n sunsets.. :) have Fun..Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Well day 2 didn't sound like it started too well for you but yet it seems like you packed in a lot and did manage to get some great pictures even though you needed a good rest and after that came the wonderful sunsets.
Love,
G

Linda said...

Glad you ended up feeling better after all of that! ♥ Looks beautiful and warm.
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Those sunsets tho!! ...and the people are cool too.
xx Amy