Ok, so now on to day 4 of Maui. We started the day bright and early with a 6:45 check in for our snorkel trip. That may seem early, but none of us are on Hawaii time. We are all asleep by 8:30 or 9 at the latest. It's kind of funny.
The view of the boat with the sunrise in the back was so pretty.
We all went to the top as the view was much better and we were by the captain to hear stories and what not.
We decided to rent wet suits and are so glad we did. Even with them, Noah's lips were almost blue after an hour in the water. It's hard when you only weight 58 pounds .
The underwater camera does fine, but the brilliant green colors don't show up. It's so pretty under there. Ben and Noah were both freaking a little bit at first. I think they were more afraid of being in the middle of the ocean than anything else. This is Molokini crater and it's full of fish. It's like swimming in an aquarium.
David is so good about swimming deep under water.
We didn't know, but you float in wet suits. So, you don't need a life vest. It was awesome. Here's Em and Alanah.
I got in a picture.
Emily is like a little fish. She was swimming deep under the water with her snorkel.
That's my husband down there.
These long skinny fish were so clue. They were a pretty blue. I found out later they are Needle fish.
We left Molokini and headed to turtle town for more snorkeling.
There was this arch at the bottom and David swam through it. I don't know how he did it. It was hard to even get under water with the floatation of the wet suit. Here he is going through the arch. This was probably 15 feet down.
Totally impressive! He's better than Aqua Man!
Then, Noah wanted to try to swim down. I couldn't believe it. I love how up for anything my kids always are. Ben and Noah were nervous asking about sharks and whales. I'm not going to lie to them. Yes, there are sharks and whales, but they don't want to eat us and typically aren't where we are. You can tell they felt pretty comfortable after awhile.
Look at my little fish!
And here are some humpback whales! It's so hard to take pictures of whales, but at least I got a little something.
We had free mai tai's on the way back! Dak was on her third! 'Atta girl!
One of my favorite thing is when my kids skin get all sun kissed and brown. Noah has amazing skin color with his Mexican and Italian grandpas. He's working on getting all golden.
We passed this pie shop the other day called Leoda's Kitchen and Pie. We decided to stop after snorkeling. Wow, was it good. Em and I shared a piece of banana creme pie. David got chocolate macadamia nut pie. Ben got peanut butter pie. Noah got a chocolate chip cookie. HA! They were all delicious.
We got back to our condo and the ocean was just spectacular. We relaxed for a bit. Then, went and got pizza and then headed to the beach!
Ben gets the same golden brown that Noah gets. He's working on his tan. Emily, Alanah and Noah are in the background playing.
And here's the sunset tonight. It was muted by the clouds, but still cool.
It was a fun filled day!
Tomorrow...a full day at the beach!







3 comments:
Looks like a beautiful adventure!!
I could never do that as I'm extreme claustrophobic and afraid of deep water and don't swim! But.... it looks pretty, love all the fish.
Maybe, someday we will get to Hawaii but probably not. All of our retirement trips involve driving/road trips within the mainland. ;)
Love, Linda
A day of snorkeling . How much fun was that! Thank goodness your kids are not afraid of the water. You did manage to get quite a few good pictures. I love the family pics at the beginning of the post . Hope you get a few more of the 5 of you.
Love,
G
Yes Gwynne, I agree..more Family pic's..
Boy Oh Boy,David, you are so Daring..n Brave..the Galeana's n the Sutton's
Are very Adventuresome Family's ..
Your Families just do Whatever?? :) :)
Great under water pics..nice tans on
The boys..Emily tans good too..I'm happy
U all are having a Fun Vakay..love Mom
Post a Comment