Sunday, March 10, 2019

Hawaii, Day 1

Getting to Hawaii is an adventure. You'd think from Arizona, we are fairly close, but it is still a 6 hour and 42 minute ride, nonstop. That's a long time on a plane. I figured we'd watch 3 movies and be there. We get on and the seats have no screens on the back of the seats. What? I had doubled checked to make sure, and the plane we were supposed to be on had screens. This one, nothing. OMG, what will I do for almost 7 hours. What will my kids do?

Surprisingly, with this group, it wasn't too hard to pass the time. Noah was pouting and not in the picture. He wouldn't share french fries with Ben, so I took them all from him and gave them to Ben.

Dakri made us the best chicken salad. It was so much better than expensive airplane food. We were eating like kings.
These kids played games and passed the time.
These guys had some movies on their kindles luckily.
I think Ben took a little nap.
And before you know it, we were landing in Maui. That's Haleakala, the big volcano that's in the middle of the island. We are going to see it on Thursda.y

We got off the plane and headed to Paia Fish Market. With the internet, it's easy to find the best places to eat. And this one did not disappoint.
 Then, we got to our hotel and crashed. Our condo is 45 minutes from the airport and expensive, so we weren't going there at 9:00 at night. By the time we went to bed, it was 1:30 in the morning Arizona time. Hawaii is 3 hours behind us. We were beat to say the least! But, we were happy to be here safe and sound.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi to all, ur Mama is very Happy u all got there Safe n Sound too!! Whoohoo :)
SO sweet of Dakri to make Chicken Salad
For ya'll..looks Delish!! Now do not
Pick up n bring any Rocks home from
The Volcano..it's bad Luck..I saw it all
On the Brady Bunch

Anonymous said...

One of the Brady kids took a Rock from
The Volcano n went back to hotel..
n they were all in a Panic n had to go
Put the Lava Rock back..well I do think
That's true..ok have an amazing day..
My Love...Mommy :)

Anonymous said...

Day one a lot went on.Working and Ben at school while Mom's at home making sure everything is packed and ready to roll. Looks like you didn't have too many hitches along the way. So glad you made it there safe and sound and it was still daylight.Hope the next week is nothing but fun!
Love,
G

Linda said...

That is one long plane ride! :O I can't imagine.
Cool seeing the volcano rising up from the clouds on the plane. :)

Love, Linda