Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Maui, Day 5

I love this sign in the kitchen. It's so true. I love the ocean and the beach. It's my happy place.
We woke up with this beautiful rainbow crossing the ocean. It was so pretty,
This was our first full beach day.  We got an early start and the beach and water were just perfect. The first few days when we got here, there was a some high tide rough water warning thing and it was making the water not as blue. But, the blue is back and it's spectacular.
A man came down to tell us there were turtles on the beach. We walked down a few minutes and this big female was laying her eggs. It's illegal to get too close to them or touch them. You just got to leave them be. So, we took some pictures, but kept our distance and used our zoom lens.

Here's the view of our beach. That big building with the two penthouses on top. That's ours on the left.
A little further down the beach, there were 5 females laying their eggs!  Apparently, they lay them and leave and then the boy turtle will come fertilize them. Sounds complicated.


Then, we were back to our spot at the beach and this kid on a paddleboard told us there were a couple of turtles. We had some snorkel gear, so Ryan took a few pictures underwater.




We came back up to the condo for some lunch and the water was just the bluest blue. It's so pretty.

We went back down and played on the beach and in the pool and hot tub for several hours. Then, we came up for dinner and drinks!
And the sunset tonight was so pretty.
Tomorrow night, we have more beach time and a luau!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Very relaxing and scenic! Love the rainbow over the ocean and the turtles! ♥
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Gina. I can see you guys are having lots of fun and time with nature. A wonderful experience for all. I'm a little behind but guessing tonight is your Luau. Hope you enjoy all the food and show. I loved them when I was there. Wish I could be there now. Only a couple days left of heaven on earth. Enjoy!
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

Hi, well I must say. Hawaii is so
Absolutely Beautiful. The Sunsets
The rainbows n the Heavenly Blue
Water...oh my sooo Pretty..
Ryan really good pics of those big Turtles..Emily n Alanah look so Cute
By the Mama Turtle..interesting
About laying their Eggs..??

Anonymous said...

Nice pic of David n Noah..they look
Happy..froze on me again..I think I
Write too much.lol Dance the Hula at
The Luau..just ya'll do it.:)
Even the guys..have fun.Love Mama