We woke up to some snow on the mountains and more rain. But, these mountains. Gosh, they are gorgeous, and I think even more so covered in snow.
We got to Telluride and took the gondola up the mountain. At the top is the Mountain Village with condos, restaurants, shopping, etc. Obviously, for the uber rich. Not us. But, we can enjoy the free gondola ride!
Going up the mountain we saw more and more snow. At the top, there was lots of snow and then the gondola goes back down the other side, and no snow. It's pretty cool.
We got off on the other side and headed for a pizza place. I'll admit, I thought it was going to be a bunch of snobby people and overpriced food. I couldn't have been more wrong. We got two huge salads and a pizza for $40 and it was delicious. I realized on this trip that if our family can eat for under $50, we are doing great.
The service here was so good too. And how cool is free foosball?
We stopped to look at the ski map and wouldn't you know it, the highest baddest peak in all of Telluride is Palmyra Peak. That's my middle name. I'm named after my grandma that passed recently, except she spelled it Palmira. In any case, I've rarely seen Palmyra anywhere. So, I took it as a sign that my Nana was watching over us. It's no wonder we had a great day.
Then, we headed back down the other side of the mountain. It's all fun and games until someone farts in the gondola. We were dying. They have these tiny windows, so we were trying to get air in there. Whatever you do, don't fart in a gondola.
There was this sweet golden walking around named Parker. We gave him some love and as we walked away, he just sat and looked at us. How cute is he? It's a very chill town. A lady walking by said he belongs to someone who lives in the building and he just hangs out.
Isn't this a beautiful town?
When we finally, got to New Mexico, I was kind of sad. Where are the trees? Where is the color? Blah, desert. I know everything has it's own beauty, and my Aunt who lives in Halifax and sees trees and colors all the time thought this picture of a rock was amazing. It is prettyish, I guess. When you live here all the time, it's harder to find the beauty of dirt and rock. But, every landscape is beautiful.
What's even more beautiful was this amazing restaurant named Jerry's Cafe in Gallup. Wow, just wow! It was such good food and service. We were loving it and wanting to find an excuse to come back to Gallup just to eat there.
You get sopapillas at the end and can drizzle honey and sugar on it. Oh my, it was so good. That's my kind of dessert. Not too sweet or heavy.
We finally made it to our hotel, and David used my massager for a bit. I got it for my birthday. It's awesome.
And check out this clock. It's actually three sided and genius! Why haven't we seen this before? It just makes sense in hotels.































3 comments:
Gina, I'm very sure ur Nana Palmira was watching over u n ur Family.no wonder.u
All had a Great day.. :)
Palmyra Peak..13,320 ft..oh my, that
Is very HIGH!! N WOW,!! There is ur middle
Name..how cool is that!!Gallup, New Mexico.
Very nice..but best of all is Jerrys Cafe..
Right up ur Family's alley..
Such spectacular scenery! My favorite kind - mountains and woods. :)
Love, Linda
Love the fact that you connected with your grandmother and all about the name. It's nice to have a reminder of important things every once in awhile.It looks like all in all this was a great day.
Love,
G
Post a Comment