Saturday, October 6, 2018

Grand Canyon

The wifi here in Page is awful. So, this will be a quick post on our day.  It was the kids' first time to the Grand Canyon. It sprinkled on and off, but overall it was an awesome day.  Then, when we got to Page, it was pouring. So, hopefully, tomorrow will be nicer and we can do the hike I wanted to this evening in the morning.  Here are just a few pics.  I'll post more later at the next hotel or when we get home.

The kids were impressed when we got there.  


 We saw some wild life on the side of the road.
 Ben was acting like he was going over.  Really, there was another ledge a foot down, but we thought this would freak out my Mom.  Love you Granny!


The scenery driving everywhere was so pretty. It was hard to keep our eyes on the road.
 Here we are along the watchtower. (That's for you Pam.)




 I"m not sure why these all downloaded out of order, but the wifi stinks, so I'm not changing them. This was our first picture of the day.
 One last cute photo.
We had a great day. Noah said the canyon was beautiful. Ben loved it. Emily was a teenager. Do we have to stop again? Doesn't it all look the same? No, sweetie, it doesn't. But, she still had fun.

We had a yummy dinner and are ready for a tour in the morning. Praying the rain goes away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even with the overcast skies, day #1looked like a great start to your vacation. The pictures were beautiful and the kids looked happy. I especially liked the one with the rainbow. Hope each day brings you some more great memories. (Pictures for me! ) lol!
Love
G

Anonymous said...

Benjamin, ok. Granny held her breath,seeing
Ur Foot hanging off the ledge..No Ben No.
I did not see a ledge 1 foot below
Ur Foot..?? I loved the pic with the Rainbow
Awesome.too!! Fred Flintstone, he's
Taller than David..cute pic..Ben n Noah
Thought the Grand Canyon was Beautiful
N they loved it...I had to laugh at Emilys
Comment..'do we have to stop again'??
Everything looks the same..lol yep
Em. Is a teenager, n that's what they
Do..lol Have Fun n Laughs on the
Rest of ur trip.. :) Love Mom/Granny

Linda said...

On our bucket list! I was a little surprised it was their first time there, as I didn't think it's too far from you, but am so happy you all went and enjoyed it (or at least Emily did for the most part, Ha ha - teenagers).

Love, Linda