Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Girl's Shopping Trip

After taking Emily and Alanah to Vegas last year for their birthday, a slumber party isn't cutting it anymore. Three of these girls have birthdays within 2 weeks of each other. The other is in June. But, to celebrate, they decided they wanted a shopping trip in Phoenix because our mall here in Prescott doesn't quite cut it. 

So, this past Saturday we loaded up and headed to the Chandler mall. Alanah is still in a wheelchair due to her knee surgery, but she made it worked without missing a beat.




They had about 8 stores they wanted to go. And when you have 4 girls trying on clothes, it takes about an hour to get through a store.  Here they are in the dressing room.  Oh, and Alissa's Mom took most of these pics, that's why Emily is smiling. If I took them, there would be eye rolls and slouchy shoulders. 

After a few stores, we headed to Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Unfortunately, we were all so full that nobody ordered cheesecake after lunch. But, it was good and we had plenty of other snacks.
The girls wanted to ride on these little animals. Whatever, it was fun. I'm glad they don't feel too old for stuff like this.

 And while they were off doing that, Dakri and I found the massage chairs. $1 for 3 minutes. Best money I ever spent. I have no idea what was so funny here, but we were enjoying those chairs. I want one for my house.


Then, we bought a cup of these things called Dragon Breath. I kept calling them dragon balls because they are froot loop colored balls. Anyway, they do something to where they have like dry ice or something in them and then smoke comes out of your nose and mouth. It was funny. They tasted awful.


 
Then, we shopped more. The girls all had about $100 to spend and I don't think any of them came close to that. They all usually were in sticker shock at $49 for a sweatshirt. These girls are Ross and TJ Maxx shoppers. We've trained them well.


The kids were wiped out when we were done. But, they even think the escalators are fun. Our mall is one story.
We waited in Pottery Barn while Alanah went to Lush to look at bath soaps.
See that pumpkin on the table? It was light as can be and cost $34!  I saw one just like it at Walmart the other day for $7! But, gosh, I love Pottery Barn.

Then, we got Starbucks and headed to Dave & Busters. It's a real arcade. We only have a dinky place with about 20% of the games they do here. My boss was so awesome and gave us 4 coupons, so they could get double the money.  Dakri, Steph and me sat at the restaurant area and ate chips and dip. We thought the girls would be done in like an hour. But, they were still going for 2 hours!

The even did this virtual reality game which they said was awesome. 
We left at 7:00, grabbed some quick McDonald's drive thru and headed home.  Whew, what a day!  It was exhausting but fun!  I'm glad we were able to spend this day with our girls.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like a great girls' day!! :)
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

What a Lovely Mother n Daughter.
Shopping Spree.. :) For the 4 Girls
Birthdays.. Sweet !!!! Yes, Shopping
Can be tiring, I Agree..u all
Had a good Fun time, n that's what
Matters..the Girls all look Cute
N Happy...I bought a massage chair in
2007..do u remember?? I Totally
Loved it...keeps ur spine in line.u.
Stand up straighter etc..
Happy Birthday to all of you 4 Girls
Big Birthday Hugs..love Granny Sharon

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone..moms and daughters had a great day. Certainly makes for long lasting memories for the girls.
Love,
G