Monday, May 21, 2018

This Kid

Ben is such a sweet soul. I was talking to his teacher about him last week and I said he's just a really good person who thinks of others first.

Here's an example:
There's one piece left on garlic bread on the dinner table.
Emily will grab it if she wants it.
Noah will grab it before he's even done with his first piece just in case he wants it.
Ben wants it, but he will ask if anybody else wants it first. If Emily and Noah both say they want it, he'll say okay, you two share it.

Last Friday night was a sixth grade dance. The last dance they had was during the school day, so everyone went. That's the one where Ben ate so much that he threw up. He didn't think he'd go to this dance since it wasn't required. But, the day before, he said he wanted to go.

He wore his black shirt because he thinks it makes him look dark and brooding, and at the last second he said he wanted to leave his glasses at home. He can see fine without them, so that's how he went. He looked so handsome.

I was so anxious wondering how the dance went. When I picked him up, he was smiling ear to ear. I know he has a little crush on a girl, but there was no slow dancing which is good. But, he did dance with all the kids and he said he had a great time.  We always ask him, did you have a good time or a great time. He said great.

This morning he left for 2 nights with his class for a camp in Prescott.  Ben's never slept away from home.  But, I feel like he's so ready. He'll have a blast.  He's really coming out of his shell more lately, and I love to see him gain confidence in himself 

The house will be quieter without this sweet boy here.  I hope he makes lifelong memories. 

4 comments:

Linda said...

Awww, Ben, what a great young man! :) I sure hope we get to meet him this year!

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh my,you captured him completely...(almost) except you forgot to say he gives the best hugs in the world. I hope he has a great time at camp.
Love
G

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Ben looks So Handsome..I'm Happy
He had Fun at camp n the Dance..:)
Whoohoo...yes gg ur kids are growing
Up so fast...that can sadden a Mom n Dads
Heart...it did it to your Dad n i..
U got an apartment with melanie..
An Tammy went to Las Vegas, n stayed
With her friend Edy..Joey stayed home..
Yes, ur Dad n I experienced the Empty
Nest Sydrome.but this happens to all
Parents..I love you, Mommy :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so far behind on your blog! This story makes me so happy! Ben really is a sweetie. Can't wait to hear how camp was... guess I should keep reading! Love you, friend!����❤️
Love,
Me