Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Camping

We headed on the first day of summer break for our annual camping trip with friends. We got lucky as they are closing the forest left and right due to our severe drought and the fire danger. They said this campground was going to probably close Wednesday, so I'm glad we got a fun weekend in.

We were the first ones there.

And funny story....  So, we knew everyone was taking bikes. We get a group site, so we have a nice paved path for the kids to ride on. But, Noah didn't know how to ride a bike. I knew he'd be embarrassed with his girl friends there and he didn't know how to ride a bike. We worked on it a few times, but he just kept saying he couldn't do it. Then, the morning we were leaving for camping, David was working half day and I was packing up and in and out of the front yard. He got on his bike and within an hour was riding it. He taught himself to ride his bike. We were so impressed. So, he rode and rode all weekend long and he was so proud of himself. That's the third kid for you. They just teach themselves to ride. 

  

Here's Dakri and me.

Noah tree climbing. 

The kids all played volleyball and badminton.  
David rode Emily's bike, which is my bike.


 Here's Noah playing with his girlfriends, Clara and Savannah. They are sisters and I heard they have little arguments about who gets to play with Noah. He's going to marry one of them, I hope. I'm just not sure which.

Here's Emily and her friends. They all had in dutch braids.  Emily just had me cut about 6 inches off her hair. So, her's are short, but the look so cute.

And a camping favorite...Jiffy Pop popcorn. 

And another camping favorite...napping with Lucy. 

This is Noah and Savannah or Novannah as I like to call them.   

Seriously, I'm starting their wedding video montage now. 

We also couldn't have a campfire, so we had to roast marshmallows over the stove for smores. 

And always my favorite photo of Emily and Ben sleeping. 

I'm so thankful for this fun group of friends that we get to go through life with. And hopefully the couple in the middle will be our inlaws one day.  :)

3 comments:

Linda said...

It's so great that you have these friends to hang with on your adventures. :) Looks like a wonderful time. Funny thing about us is.... our friends are like 20-30 years younger than us. Jim and I joke that we really need to get some friends our own age, LOL. We do have a few, but not that many...

Also, careful on the wedding planning, lol, because maybe it will work out that way but maybe not. I remember all the kids that Sarah was going to marry and us parents were quite sure of that. Then eventually she lost touch with those and met Dakota their first week of College. You just never know how it will work out of course. ♥ All good things though.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing all the pics of the fun from last weekend. I am so proud of Noah learning to ride on his own. You see kids learn things when they have a reason to do so. Noah sure didn't want to be left out of the fun. I also notice David seemed to be enjoying playing and biking with the kids and snoozing with the doggie.
Hope this upcoming weekend is just as much fun.
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

Wow..Noah..we r all proud of u ..teaching
Yourself to ride ur bike..when I was a kid, my friend Cathy, got a bike for Christmas.
I went to her house n I got on her BIG .
Bike n Boom I fell n skied my knee..ouch!!
But I got back on the bike n away I went..
WHEEEE...NOAH--- 2 SISTERS..N you're 8 years
Old. Oh my my..u r the Ladies Man.. :)
Camping..u n your circle of friends
Always have a BLAST OF FUN..then u all get
Home n it's time for Bed..Great memories
U all make..Love Mom