Then, we did a little souvenir shopping. The streets were pretty.
We were hoping to find something Squatchy (as in Bigfoot) since B.C. is known for sightings and he was one of the mascots at the 2010 Olympics. We didn't have any luck, but we did find this cool hat for Ben.
Here's a view of the city. I love the Chevron in the middle of the water.
We stopped to see the totem poles.
Ben figured out how to climb walls.
We went to the water park and the kids had a great time playing.
Well, Noah had a great time until he collided with another boy and got hurt.
He was set on pouting and crying. We finally distracted him with squirting Emily.
Emily kept him happy after that. She can be so sweet and motherly sometimes.
They have a huge dryer for kids to go in to dry off after. It wasn't all that effective. We have stronger breezes back home, but it was still fun.
This was the view from the park of Lions Gate Bridge.
Emily and Ben were climbing trees on the way back to the car.
We ate lunch and my kids polished off a whole pizza by themselves. I think they worked up an appetite. Then, we headed to Lynn Canyon. There is a suspension bridge, waterfalls and creeks. The bridge was freaky!
The trail to the water was really pretty and wound its way through the woods.
I loved all the roots from the trees.
I love this kid in the tree.
These branches looked like natural rope swings. Emily gave it a try, but it didn't work so well.
We passed a gynormous rock just begging to be climbed.
Aunt Paula looking cute out by the water.
My kiddos.
They were a little unsure at first, but David took them around and they were pros in no time.
Even Noah was having fun.
Me on a rock.
Here's the bridge on the way back.
This was the view of below the bridge.
We drove up a mountain to a scenic outlook. We are now on the opposite side of Lions Gate Bridge. Emily was so tired, she stayed in the car.
Our wonderful hosts.
We got back on the ferry and made it home by 6:30. It was a full day, and we all had a great time.
Tomorrow is our last full day here. We are planning to spend it at the beach!
4 comments:
Okay, I'm wondering how I'd ever get around there, because I would not be on that bridge! :O There really is not an adventurous bone in my body. Jim would attest to that. But it all looks beautiful through the camera lens! :)
Love, Linda
What an exciting and activity packed day in the city. Your kids must be in dream heaven come.night time each day. Somehow or other I guess I got my info confused as I thought you were leaving on Tuesday but now I see it must be Wednesday.
There are so many great pictures from this trip. So happy you hgot that nice one of T&P. They look so great and happy. They have done a super job on showing you guys a great time while visiting the west coast of Canada. Sorry no BigFoot sightings. But hey you saw snow capped mountains, coyotes,tall knobby mountains. Trees you can stand inside and climb and swing from, giant sand sculptures, deer. The Great PacificOcean, a Chevron station in the middle of the water way , a swinging bridge,and so many other interesting sights.All in all I'd say you packed plenty of sightings into the past 5 days, and provided me sights I had never seen even though I have been to BC a frw times. Thanks for almost making me feel I was there with you. :)
Love,
G
Hi Mom. I know you'll see this before you check your email. Can you please take out one of those gallons of milk that we froze, so we can have coffee Thursday morning? Always thinking ahead! Thanks for everything. See you soon. Love you! ~ Gina
GINA, OK I TOOK OUT THE MILK~ :) OMGOSH, ALL THOSE PICS ARE SOOO BREATH TAKING~~ABSOLUTLY BEAUTIFUL~~I MISS YOU GUYS~~MY GRANDKIDS ARE SOOO CUTE AND ADVENTURESOME--LIKE YOU AND DAVID ON THE BIG WOODEN STILTS~~YESTERDAY--CUTSIE!! :) WELL BETWEEN PETE SUZY-TERRY N PAULA~BEING THE HOSTS AND HOSTESS'S WITH THE MOSTEST~ I'D SAY YOU ALL HAVE HAD A TERRFIC AND AMAZING V-KAY~~ENJOY THE BEACH~~SEE YOU ALL SOON HUGS~~ MOM/GRANNY
Post a Comment