Emily played the piano.
Ben and his buddy Caleb did a reading.
There was lots of singing. Noah didn't sing. But, he was chewing gum, so it looked like he was singing.
We had a trumpet solo and 3 other girls played piano. Several other kids did a reading. Some Moms gave the staff baked goods. The kids make cards for the residents so we can give them a little gift. When we sing, Ms. Stacy plays the piano. It's a rockin' show!
We do the performance once through for the mentally challenged residents.
Then, we go over to the more agile residents and perform there.
Noah didn't perform anywhere. It just stood there and looked cute.
This is Oval! She's still there. In December she is 101! I didn't think we'd see her again. Actually, I was surprised how many faces I recognized. It's not too often that you meet someone over the age of 100!
And here's Ms. Stacy with her piano girls.
I feel so lucky that I'm a part of such a great group of women who do this. We keep adding members to our group and we are getting larger and I'm thrilled I'm a part of it.
2 comments:
Gina, it is wonderful for all concerned that the kids get to have this experience. I am so glad they have this opportunity thanks to Ms Stacey. She does a great job with the children. EMILY has come so far with her playing in this past year. Great job by all concerned. :)
Love,
G.
This is so great. I love everything about it. ♥
Love, Linda
Post a Comment