We saw some deer crossing the road along the way.
Here are the people hard at work. They only had 3 hours.
The kids loved the low tide. We had hundreds of feet of sand and little pools of water. Ben ran. Noah copied Ben. Emily did gymnastics.
I realized only too late that in those little pools were tons of little (and some big) crabs. They were everywhere. I was trapped on the opposite side and had to cross through again to get back. I was so scared. They didn't bite anybody or anything, but it just grossed me out. I don't like crabs.
Here are some of the sand castle entries. Impressive what they can do in 3 hours!
It inspired the kids to create their own art.
Noah made a tree.
Emily made a turtle.
Ben made a mountain.
Even Aunt Paula got in on the action and wrote the kids' names.
Then, it was time for more playing on the beach.
The tide started coming in and it was crazy. The water level got so high so quick. Where David and Noah are was like ankle high when we got there.
We went to a little festival they had in a park area by the beach. They were giving away free otter pops.
They had a bunch of stilts out and a guy helping people learn. Ben gave it a try first.
Noah tried it.
David and I figured it out.
Emily was obsessed. The more she tried and couldn't do it, the more she kept doing it. That girl is determined and stubborn. I don't know where she gets that. We are going to have to find her a pair of stilts for Christmas or something.
Ben got his face painted like Donatello the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Then, Noah HAD to get his done too. He got Leonardo.
This was a pretty view on our way home.
Uncle Terry and Noah went on a hunt for sticks as we are having a bonfire tonight on the beach. They found the sticks and sharpened them. Noah is his little shadow.
We headed down to the beach at 6:30 since the high tide was over and we had room on the beach for our bonfire. Ben played on his favorite branch. The water was super high. I love watching the high and low tides.
The kids playing on their branch.
Uncle Terry asked us to gather wood. We all got a few sticks, but cousin Amy is a pro.
Noah helping Uncle Terry start the fire.
Forget paddleboarding when you can find a piece of wood like this.
Then, they sent them out to sea.
We roasted hot dogs. My kids had never done this before, so that was an experience.
I think they liked it.
Then, we had smores.
David took a dip in the ocean.
We watched the full moon rising.
We had a ton of fun today. We are headed in to Vancouver tomorrow for a day in the city. Fun!
5 comments:
Again, more wonderful photos!!! :) Thanks for sharing so faithfully while you're away.
Love, Linda
....and isn't it wonderful that they have the late evenings before it gets dark? I love all the things you guys are doing and that as Linda said you managed to keep up your posts everyday. I see that I am not the only one enjoying the updates as Sharon has been keeping an eye on things too. Vancouver should be a fun day as well. It is one of the most photogenic cities in Canada, I think. So will be expecting the final update from there for my viewing pleasure tomorrow. I am so glad you've had such a great vacation , first at your Dad and Suzy's with so much water and beach fun and then at Terry and Paula's with more of the same with a different point of view. Your hike up to the Knob will long be remembered, I'm sure.Enjoy your final full day of Canada and having fun at Paula and Terry's resort. :)
Love,
G
HI GWYNNE PAM LINDA~~WE HAVE ALL ENJOYED SOME BEAUTIFUL PIC'S OF FAMILY AND THE SCENERY~~GINA YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB HONEY~~THE ONLY THING THAT I AM GOING TO SAY TODAY IS,"GINA SAID, NOW EMILY MADE A TURTLE OUT OF SAND, N BEN MADE A MOUNTAIN OUT OF SAND-(VERY GOOD JOB EM N BEN) AND THEN IT WAS NOAH'S TURN AND NOAH MADE A TREE~~WELL THAT WAS SOOO CUTE I BURST OUT LAUGHING~~VERY CLEAVER THE GREEN LEAF~~ :) :) ENJOY THE REST OF UR TRIP~~LOVE U ALL, MOM
GWYNNE~~I SEE WHO ARE THE EARLY BIRDS~~HMMM LINDA'S POST 5:24 AM, GWYNNE'S POST 8:17 AM SHARON'S POST 1:40 PM~~~BUT I GOT UP AT 8:00 THIS MORNIN~~WELL I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A NIGHT OWL~~ :)
Sharon, glad to see We fooled you a bit. Actually it was 11:17 as we are 3 hours ahead of you.... I was going to tease you a little more by telling you I had already been out done my shopping etc ... but figured that would really cloud the issue. Actually you were up before me as I only got up at 8:30 but I really did get out to the store early this morning before I checked Gina's blog. I am glad they are having such a good time. I'M SURE YOU WILL BE HAPPY TO SEE THEM ALL IN PERSON TOMORROW NIGHT. Hope all is well with you. :*
Post a Comment