Thursday, January 13, 2011

Brotherly Love

On Tuesday and Thursday, it's just Noah and Ben at home during the day. Ben is an independent kid who could play in his room alone the entire day. But on the two days they are home together, he does a good job of playing with his brother too. They took some time out to play the other day.

It's important to teach your little brother how to wrestle and to let him win sometimes.

But, it's more important to teach your little brother how to love.

And Ben is really really good at that.

I think Noah is enjoying all the attention.


Noah isn't content to do anything for very long. So, he's off to find something else to get into.

Like learning to be a superhero.
Don't mind all the little pieces of toilet paper on the floor. That's Noah's new favorite thing...to get a square of toilet paper and rip it into 100 pieces and throw it on the floor. That or he throws the entire roll of toilet paper in the toilet. Lucky me. We're all learning to keep the bathroom doors shut. But he's cute, so I forgive him.


And when I told him to throw his arms up and fly, he knew exactly what I meant.

I better start buying costumes now in a size 2T. It's a good thing he has Ben to teach him all this good stuff because the stuff I teach him is not so good.

Noah doesn't say a lot of words we understand. I was walking down the hallway last night and said to David how I was pissed about something. And as clear as day Noah says "pissed". David and I about fell over.

I can't wait to tell the Doctor at his 18 month check up next month that he says "Mama, Dada, Em (Emily), no, go, good, mo (more), done, ba (bottle) and pissed". Great parenting Gina.

3 comments:

Linda said...

LOL!!! :D Sorry, but I love it. Too funny, and you know seriously - you are a GREAT Mom!

Anonymous said...

So cute to see Noah and Ben interacting. Up till recently it was all Emily and Noah. Just to think you might have at least another half dozen years of Super heros in your house must be reassuring... to say the least. Very cute pictures of both boys.Glad to hear those words are coming along, and we both know they always pick up the ones you don't want them to first. Remind me to tell you about one of David's very first words, when I see you again.
Have a great weekend. ☼
Love,
G.

Amy said...

So funny! At 22 months, Alex was saying all the usuals as well as "beer". And thanks to a wild weekend with the in-laws, he could follow the command, "Alex, get me another beer"!!