Tuesday, September 29, 2020

A Visit From Longtime Friends

Ok, I'm going to attempt to catch up here as we are going on a real vacation for the first time in a year and I'm sick of being 3 months behind on my blog. So, prepare for several posts today! 

A little backstory here. Pam graduated NAU and started writing for the Red Rock News, a newspaper based in Sedona. She rented a guesthouse from Stephan. He cuts hair. Pam left Sedona and paper and moved back to Phoenix a few years later, but could never find a hair stylist that cut her hair as well as Stephan. So, when Pam and I were young and carefree in our 20's, we used to drive to Sedona every 6 weeks for a haircut. I know it seems crazy, but we made a fun day of it. We'd get bagels at Einsteins, shop at the Outlet mall, get our hair cut, eat lunch. Yes, a bit much to drive 3 hours round trip to get a hair cut, but we loved those getaway days. Plus, Stephan is the Michelangelo of  hair and worth the 90 minute drive. Plus, it's Sedona, any excuse to go there is a good excuse.

Did I justify that enough? 

Now, Stephan lives in Dallas with his partner Jonathon, who we adore as much as Stephan. John messaged Pam and I saying they were going to be in Sedona and wanted to met for lunch! YAS!!!  They also wanted to drive to Prescott to get a feel for the place, so we made a lunch date! 

I hadn't seen Pam in forever. All this Covid crap has put a damper on everything. It was so great to see her. We got there and it was raining and I didn't have an umbrella in my car and we literally ran into the restaurant after getting a flash flood notice on our phones. It was hysterical. Here's Pam using my sun screen to try to cover her hair.

We had a great visit and it was so nice to catch up. I love these guys.
 
Pam was going to stay the night if the weather was crazy, but it was fine, so she made the drive back home. It was a short but sweet visit.
Here's hoping it's not another 15 years until we see these guys again!

3 comments:

Linda said...

This is great!! Love it. And you look beautiful!!! (so does Pam, by the way). And the guys look like great people to know. Like you, we've made time for visits with friends (and family) this summer despite Covid. Actually, we've done it all along since March. At the beginning we were more isolated but then we started to entertain responsibly (outside/at a distance), etc. and Jim and I commented that we've actually seen more people this summer than the past one. I had a reunion with friends that I hadn't seen for 30 years this summer (they came and stayed at our house for nearly 5 days), and my friend Wolfe was here twice for extended stays and other friends came for reunions as well. Point is, there are ways to get together in very small groups responsibly despite Covid. We are living proof. :)
Love, Linda

Mom Horton said...

So happy you and Pam have such a long, loving friendship. 😍 To have the guys pop into your lives for a visit after 30 years is so special! 💞 ✂️ Don’t have to justify your haircut trips. I’m sure it was way less than $70,000. 😳🤯🤪

Anonymous said...

Stephan n Jonathan..live in Dallas now..
They both look like Fun guys to hang out
With..Smiley faces.🤗😹 GG u n Pam did get
Amazing Haircuts from Stephan..way back
In the years ago...you n Pam look so
Happy to see them..with ur beautiful hair..Nice that you 2 girls had a Great
Time..i bet you Laughed a lot.😅😃
Love you both..Mommy💖🌈