Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Camping in Show Low

Our annual camping trip in Show Low almost didn't happen due to Covid. This trip was back in June. Luckily, they opened up a few weeks before we went. It was pretty much the highlight of the summer since we did almost nothing else. We look forward to this trip every year, and I'm so thankful that we at least got to do this.

Ava got to come too, so it was the fantastic 4 for the weekend.

I would've been fine doing just this for 2 days.
There were some fires off in the distance, so the first night was a little smokey, but it cleared up. These fires were over 100 miles away and with the wind, this drifted in. It makes for pretty pictures though. The first night we went to our favorite Mexican food restaurant, Licano's. They make delicious margaritas and chimichangas.
Here's some nice pics down by the lake the first night.

Emily's face is funny. It's the only pic I took of the girls, so it's what I'm putting up. Sorry Em's.


I love waking up to this view in the mornings and hearing the birds.

TWe got up and headed to the lake for a day of water fun. There was some kayaking.

And Dakri rowing while Ryan rested.
The girls got to try paddleboarding.
Noah gave it a shot.
Then, Noah with his girlfriends.
This takes some skill to get all 3 of them standing up.

 
We did Gina's frog school, which is where we swim across the lake. No pictures of that. The kids are so much faster at it now. It used to take forever. Now, they are all older and bigger and we are there in no time.
 
At night, we always like to go back down for an evening swim. Well, the kids like to. Us adults like to stay dry and warm.



The next day we did more of that same stuff and then headed home.

Oh, but the channel 3 news was there filming a story on renting paddle boards. So, we were hoping we would get in some of their footage. It aired the week later and this was it. That's us in the background. A drone got this footage. We're famous!

We already made reservations for next year and are looking forward to it.

That's it!  I think I'm all caught up. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! THERE THEY ARE THE FABULOUS
4-- GIRLS🙌🤗 ALL SO CUTE.. N ALANAH IS NOW A REDHEAD..
U GO GIRL..👍😂 VERY PRETTY COLOR
😃....WHAT A NICE VACATION..LOTS TO DO
IN SHOWLOW..GREAT PICS..NOW ITS TIME FOR
FOR THE BEACH..WHOOHOO..GOOD FOOD N ICE CREAM...YUM..🍧🍦 I WILL BE AT UR HOUSE
TO WATCH THE DOGS..TAMMY N LUCY..
N KITTIES..RIO N PRIMROSE..👍🤗LOVE MOM