We did our family pictures this past weekend. It almost didn't happen. We were trying to coordinate with Dakri on when Josh would be home. But, I had to work until 2:30 on the only day possible that we both had open. So, I rushed home, got ready in 30 minutes and we took off so we could beat the sun. Now mind you, I have to wear a hair net and hat to work. So my hair is what it is. I told David if it didn't work out, I'd get a pic of me in my Costco hat. Emily on her bed looking at her phone. Ben doing a back flip on the trampoline. Noah sitting at his computer playing video games and David cooking and we'd say that's what we got for this year.
But, luckily it all worked out and we got a few good pics.
Those will be coming on our Christmas card. But here's a preview of Emily. But, what I love about this picture is she is wearing earrings! She hasn't worn earrings since they got infected back in 2010. I wrote about it here. She didn't want to wear earrings after the pain of her infection. But, lately she was saying that she wanted to get her ears pierced again. I told her I could still see the hole in the front and if she'd let me play around with a needle, I could get it through. She wanted no part of that. But, a few weeks ago she was trying to get earrings in and all be damned, they went in!
She borrowed her friends earrings for this picture.
Santa plans to bring her more for Christmas.
And you know what else I noticed? I never changed the pictures on the side of this blog. Those are from 2017! Guess I've been busy for awhile.
2 comments:
Hi, oh my gosh..that's exactly where
I find my Grankids..when I'm at ur house.. Emily on her bed looking at.
Her phone...Ben doing a backfill on
The Trampoline (that scares me)
N. Noah on the Computer, playing
Video Games..Lol Emily Looks
Like a Beautiful model sitting
On the Rocks..:)Love, Mommy
Emily looks beautiful. I got all of my nieces earrings for Christmas - gave them out yesterday at our Thanksgiving/Christmas. Then it turns out they are all coming back down for a visit (weather permitting for road travel), on December 22nd so bonus - we get another Christmas celebration with them. :)
Love, Linda
Post a Comment