This is a recap of a few days. I didn't blog last night. We were just too tired. The kids and all of us are sleeping like logs. We've spent a lot of time rafting. The kids love rafting. Noah only likes to do it if we don't go over big waves. We hit a really good one the other day and he almost flipped out. Poor guy. So, my Dad goes a little easier when he's on the raft.
We headed to the little beach down the way yesterday.
It's a cool little beach and a different point of view.
Grandma Suzy and Noah built a sand castle.
They always swim out to these logs and sit on them.
Me and my pops!
My handsome hubby...
Noah has become obsessed with badminton. I always thought it was badmitton, but the computer is telling me it's mint. And David too. So, I guess, I should trust them that they are right, and I was wrong for the past 45 years. Noah wasn't that great yesterday, and today, he woke up and is like 10 times better.
We did lots of jet ski rides. This is Ben and Emily going out on there own. David and I were cracking up because Ben is so cautious. He looked like he was barely going. When he came in, I asked him how fast and he said he got up to 19 mph. I had to laugh. That's like barely moving, but I'm glad he's careful, especially since he's just learning, and not driving like a bat out of hell.
Here's David jumping into the water.
Noah found Papa's net and went hunting tadpoles. He puts them in a bucket of water for a bit and then throws them back in the river. He's cute and puts some seaweed in there with them, so they feel at home. He never wanted to fish again after that first fish died. He felt so bad. Noah has a big heart.
We did an 16 mile round trip boat ride and the kids rafter the entire way. Well, when we turned around, Noah wanted on the boat.
David took over the wheel for a bit, so my Dad could have a break.
I love the boys hair after awhile on the raft. It looks like they spent an hour fixing it, and it's standing straight up.
Me and my little man.
There was more badminton tonight.
There was about 45 minutes left of sunlight and Emily and Noah went out on the paddle boards.
Noah came back after a bit, but Em was still out there soaking up every last ounce of sunshine.
We had a fire and smores and enjoyed our last sunset here.
Em did the final sparkler.
And it's an end to another great vacation. We are so grateful for these perfect summer vacations that we get to take every year. We thank Uncle Terry, Aunt Paula, my Dad and Grandma Suzy for their hospitality and always welcoming us with open arms. I've realized that this is the trip our kids look forward to the most. They make the best memories with people will love and really, that's all life is about. Flying home tomorrow with full hearts and about 5 extra pounds around our mid-section.
























2 comments:
Howdy Family, oh my Goodness..u all
Can pack Alot of Fun into 1 day, morning
Until night. :) well Miss Suzy Q..what a
Pretty plate of Breakfast..I'm sure it
Tastes Delish.Good for Noah n his badmiton..David looks just like a Ninja..I like Ben n Noahs Hair too. Emily, you do Love the Water.it's Dark
Honey..Beautiful Sunsets!!Pete you look
Like some movie Star?? I just don't know
Which one?? Sunglasses,Hair,Stash! GG U ARE THE BEST PICTURE TAKER..LOVE, MOM
We are so happy when you get here and so sad when you leave! You saw my calendar with the "smiley" and "frowney" faces, right? You make our summers fun and memorable. Can't wait for next year! We love you all! Gma Suzy
Post a Comment