Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Idaho, Day 2

We woke up to a cooler, rainy morning. I tell ya, the rain is following us. It's a nice change though fro home where it's hot.
We made the most of it and played some badminton. We also took out the jet skis over and over.
By the afternoon, it had cleared and we got on the raft. Well, the kids go on. I learned that older people should never, ever get pulled on a raft. You'll be sorry. Noah was brave and got on. After a few minutes, they hit a few good bumps and he wanted off. He didn't get thrown in though.
Then, these two went back for more.

They love to fly out. It seems like it would hurt, and I'm sure it does. But, they get right back on the raft and go again.








There was some log walking.
We put in the king of the raft. Unfortunately, it went under the dock and got a little hole in it. We taped it up. Who knows if it will hold. But, the king of the raft may be gone.
We had a delicious dinner of grilled sausage, chicken, roasted veggies, breadsticks, salad. My oh my, we'll need to diet when we get home. Then, we had a fire. I know it looks like it's noon, but it was already after 8.
We had smores. David and Suzy are the official marshmallow roasters. They make them perfect.
My Dad got a bunch of sparklers and little fireworks, so that was fun.

The kids play games on the trampoline. The building on the left is the new garage. It's so nice. It looks like a hardware store in there.
The sunset was gorgeous.


The next two days should be zero rain and nothing but fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun filled day! But you guys ALWAYS make the best with what you have ☀️❤️☀️
We’re lonely now.......

Anonymous said...

OMG...MY GRANDKIDS ON THE RAFT OR BOAT
N IT FLIPS!! BOAT GOING FAST..
WAY TOO SCARY FOR THIS GRANNY TO WATCH..
EMILY FLIPS, THEN BEN FLIPS, I SHUTTERED
..OK I KNOW IT'S FUN..BUT I'M JUST
AN OLD FUDDY DUDDY..I WAS HAPPY TO
SEE NOAH SITTING ON THE BIG BOAT..
OK ALMOST MIDNIGHT..I WILL COMMENT
MORE TOMORROW..GOING TO BEDDY BYE.
LOVE, MOMMY/GRANNY PS..I KNOW THEY ALL HAD LIFE JACKETS ON.. :) :) :) BUT---
.