Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Disneyland

Ben got to go to Disneyland with his Student Council from school. Emily did this last year and had a blast. She wasn't in Student Council, but they let 8th grade NJHS kids go too. Ben will get to go next year too! 

I think this is such a great opportunity. If you are going to learn about business and teamwork from any company, Disney is a great one to learn from. They left on a Wednesday at 10:30 at night. Our friend took them all. The 2 girls on the right are Emily's friends. I'm sure Ben loves getting lumped in with them on carpooling, but whatever. We are all in the same neighborhood, and it takes a village to raise these kids.

Here's a picture they posted on social media. Ben wasn't sleeping on the ground so that's good. It's basically 2 nights of very little sleep. The bus isn't the most comfortable.

And here's a picture of the whole group. Ben's on the right side, 3rd one in, to the left of the kid in the navy shirt.
The got home Friday at like 6AM. They are excused from school that day, so they can go home and sleep. Ben had said he might go to school. He just wanted to see how he felt. I told him he'd be tired and he'd need sleep. As it turned out, he came home and slept until 2:00!  I guess he was pretty tired.

He had a great time though and learned a lot. He got to ride on pretty much every ride and had a blast! I'm so glad he was able to go.

3 comments:

Linda said...

How awesome to have this opportunity and to be close enough to travel by bus to Disneyland!! Sarah would have loved to have had a school trip like that, but alas, stuck here in the midwest, there isn't anything like that to travel to, except for the Great America/Six Flags theme parks (there's one in St. Louis), but it's NOT Disney. :)

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Ben, Wow!! I'm so Happy that you n ur friends had lots of Fun!! Disneyland,
Ummm, it's like ur in another World..
Of Laughs, Happiness n Adventure. :)
Great u Got, some needed Sleep..
I Love You, ur Granny

Anonymous said...

I've been checking each day to see if there was any news on the PV front and finally got to see a little of Ben's travels. I know you are all busy most of the time so I always appreciate seeing what's new with a few pics. So glad Ben got to have that opportunity and that he had a tiring but great trip. It's so funny to see Ben with Emily's friends instead of Emily. All those little kids are growing up so fast. Anyway glad all is well and that Ben returned safe, sound and sleepy.
Love,
G