Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Easter

Another Easter has come and gone. I keep thinking this will be the last holiday Noah will believe, but he just keeps on believing. Although, he is coming up with more questions. Emily found out in sixth grade, Ben was fifth, so I thought Noah would be fourth since the youngest always grows up quicker.

In any case, Easter is the one holiday that we host at our house. Emily helped out by filling the deviled eggs.


The kids dyed eggs and we watched Charlie Brown Easter Beagle the night before. I'm glad they aren't too old and cool to do stuff like this with their family.

The baskets wouldn't fit in the baskets this year.
Noah got a slime kit after about 20 failed attempts at making slime at home.
Suzy made the jelly bean cake and Nikki made the cheesecake. Talk about impressive!  I heated up a ham!  HA!
Mike is giving my Dad a phone lesson. He got a new phone and can't figure it out.
Me and my pops.
Me and my sweet Mama. I always think I look more like my Dad's side, but I think I look just like my Mom here.  I'm a chameleon.
Suzy brought a few of their neighbors. A lot are snowbirds and don't have family here. This is Ruth. She is a sassy doll.
This is her husband Don. They are working on 66 years of marriage!
This is the other neighbor Jan. She is just the sweetest person. I'm glad my Dad and Suzy have such awesome neighbors.
My Mom and little Tammy dog. That dog is spoiled!

Here's Suzy and Nikki with their amazing cakes.

Nikki looking like a cute bunny!
And that was the whole gang. It was so nice to all get together. Ruth and Jan remarked about what a loving family we have, and we do. Not many families can have ex wives and step children and the whole hodge podge that we are and all get along. We are very fortunate.

3 comments:

Linda said...

The neighbor, Jan, looks so much like my cousin and people on my Dad's side of the family. We never did the Easter Bunny (my parents neither); just baskets from us. ;) That's a snazzy tool that Emily is using to fill the eggs - I don't have one, I just always spoon the filling in with a teaspoon (that's much neater). You do look like your Mom as well. Looks like it was a wonderful Easter. ♥
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Emily, Ben n Noah, look so
Happy coloring the Eggs..
N Wow! Loving their Easter
Baskets..Their Candy will
Still be there when I there
On the 4th of July..lol
Beautiful Cakes n Beautiful
Suzy n Nicki..they are so
Talented..:) Pete, I hope
Mike Solved ur phone problem.
Don, Ruth n Jan..3 Sweethearts!
Gina, u do look like ur Mama
N also ur Dad..what a Lovely
Easter Day.yummy food n Great
People..love ur Mommy

Anonymous said...

So happy you all had a Happy Easter...looks like everyone there was having a great time. The cakes were no doubt delicious and it is So great that the kids are big enough to help out especially when you have such a nice group of friends and family to help you celebrate.I
Love
G