Friday, February 22, 2019

Ben's Eyes

Ben was insecure about going to school on Tuesday. It was nice we had a 3-day weekend to give his eyes more time to heal. They were still really red on Tuesday, but we felt after missing 4 days, he just needed to get back to school. He said it was okay, but several of his friends and other people asked why his eyes were so red. I told him to reply that he's stoned. HA! But, he just said he had an eye surgery.

I didn't take a picture before today, but here are his eyes. And this is 10 days after surgery! You can only imagine how red they were a few days out. No white was visible and they were just all bright red. They were so swollen though that you could only see how red they were when we put in drops.
You can tell his left eye is still pretty swollen. We are grateful for the 2 snow days so that he didn't have to go to school and be asked about his eyes more. Junior High is hard enough, let alone going when your eyes are this red. He obviously can't put in his contacts until all the red is gone, and he doesn't even want to wear his glasses to school. So, he's just going without. He still has good vision without them, so whatever makes him more comfortable.

Here's hoping by Monday, his eyes look almost all white and he won't have to think about it anymore.

But, they do look nice and straight! (and I need to tweeze his unibrow again)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the close up of Ben. I'm glad he ended up with so few days to be at school and hopefully by next week he'll be back to normal. I
Love
G

Linda said...

Glad he's doing better! xo
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Our Lil Cutie Pie Ben...it's been 6 Days
Since you posted Gina...I hope by now
That the redness is totally gone..
I'm Happy the eye Surgery went well..
N a complete recovery will be very soon...I Love You Ben, ur Granny :)