Thursday, February 8, 2018

Future Freshman Night

I haven't posted in a few weeks. Things have been going on, I just haven't taken pics or posted about it.

We went to the new planetarium in at the college in our town. It was super cool. I didn't take a pic.

We had a Superbowl party at our house. It was fun. I didn't take a pic.

The kids and I are playing tennis on Wednesday's at our clubhouse. It was so nice out this week. We had a great time. I didn't take any pics.

But, tonight...ugh, tonight was future freshman night at the high school. I tried to take pics, but my future freshman said I was embarrassing.

So, I got a pic of her back as she walked with one of her friends.


Then, I got a pic of her talking to another friend. 

Then, she cuahgt me.  She doesn't look happy. Abort, abort, phone down! 

We learned so much and all I can do is encourage her to get involved. School is so different now with so many specialized courses. I fully expect her to graduate high school with at least a semester of college credits under her belt, if not 2 semesters.  It's crazy.  

On the way out, when the crowd had thinned, she let me get this pic. 

How can my baby be old enough to go to high school?   

High school was a blast for me. For David, it wasn't. I'm hoping she meets lots of new friends, has new experiences and has the time of her life; all while earning a handful of college credits.  :)

2 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, time flies, huh! It's funny, reading your post and seeing the initial photos reminded me of Sarah's Freshman night and it was similar. In fact, I ended up mad at her because she took off with a boy and some friends during the event. She also didn't want any photos, etc. I found that to be probably the roughest age but then things got better and we were good throughout high school together. :) Now it's all a distant memory. Sarah didn't do any of those college credit things and now she's a starving artist, exactly what she wanted to be. We keep waiting for her to get a "real job", but honestly, I don't think she will ever be in what other people think of as a "normal" job. Instead, she hangs with her artist group of friends - think "Bohemian Artist Colony" and that's my Sarah and her friends. None of them making a ton of money, but all of them following their passion.

Anyways.... I hope Emily has a wonderful high school experience. I imagine that she WILL. :)

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Omg..looking at Emilys pic, n thinking of her Birth n watching her grow up..playing games with her..n watching her do gymnastics in the house n backyard..her slumber parties with her friends..n they are all eating having Fun n oh my all the laughs n Giggles n them staying up most of the night....n seeing all the pics of Emily with her Mom n Dad..n brothers Ben n Noah..all those years of your Vacations..well Granny Sharon has tears in her eyes...Emily you will do Awesome in High School..n Ur Mom will take pictures...:)LOL I Love you Em, Granny