Saturday, December 16, 2017

Emily's Piano and Violin Recital

Today starts 4 performances from these kids in 5 days. We'll be busy, busy, busy. It was so wonderful hearing Emily play today. We usually do a recital at her teachers house and a performance at the senior home. But, as it worked out, we did both performances at once. Which works out great with how busy this time always is before Christmas.

My girl looked so pretty. Thanks Aunt Pam for the lovely red sweater.


Here's her and Alanah.  Alanah had on heels and Em was in flats. Alanah is taller, but not a foot taller!  :) 

Here are the girls playing the violin.  Ellie played the cello. 

Here's Em on the baby grand piano. Emily wants a real piano instead of the electric one we have.  Yeah, right.  She'll have to keep dreaming.

And here's Noah lulled to sleep by the music.  He was out.  It was hysterical. He fits right in with the old people.  I told him he takes after my Dad.  He can fall asleep anywhere at church, the movies... 

And here's a few videos of her performance:
 



We are so proud of her. She's been playing piano for 7 years and violin for 18 months. She's doing so well, and this will be a talent she'll have with her for the rest of her life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Bravo!Awesome recidal Emily, Alanah,
Ella n miss Kim...Emily u n Alanah look
So Beautiful ..Emily ur Christmas songs
On the piano were wonderful..I'm so proud
Of you..n ur great Grandma Maybelle, was listening from Heaven n she loved it..she
Also played the piano..:) when I saw Noah
SleepING on the couch..I laughed out loud..
Too Funny.
So cute..Merry Christmas n love
To all...Granny/Mom

Linda said...

Noah also takes after his great-uncle Jim then too because that's how Jim is - out like a light in seconds. Whereas me, I have energy for the both of us that just keeps going and going and going....... :)

Emily is doing fantastic!!

You have all the busy stuff and we have nothing here. I work a little today and tomorrow and then I'm off until the 4th of January so thus begins the quiet time. :)

Love, Linda

Gina said...

So lucky and glad that I was able to be live and in person to enjoy their Christmas presentation yet another year. Thanks to all of you for making this happen.
Love,
G
I was trying to send this under my anonymous identity but it is logged in as Gina,, so if anyone cares this is really Gina's Mom in law and Emily's grandmother...